In multiplayer, how do you counter a pursuer?

#1Lo_Key90Posted 1/16/2013 7:07:21 AM
As in when they try to kill me a red prompt for the square button briefly pops up but nothing happens other than my death. >_>
---
Currently Reading: Daredevil vol2, Simon Dark, Uncanny X-Force & Captain America vol5
#2KazuoMitarashiPosted 1/16/2013 7:20:39 AM
If you pay attention, you just got an honorable death. This gives you points and drops their potential points. (Incognito to discreet I think). What happened was you tried to stun them at the same time they tried to kill you. They get what is called a contested kill.
---
PSN: KazuoMitarashi
I'm a healing Siren if you ever need one.
#3SK00DXPosted 1/18/2013 4:36:42 AM
I always thought that I can stun them with like...a secret move.
Thanks braz that helped me a lot.
---
~<Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate (from the truth) after You have guided us, and grant us mercy from You.>~
PSN:Skylark97
#4ShaminardrgnPosted 1/20/2013 1:17:46 AM
You can, try tossing a smoke bomb, use a disguise, lure them out with a decoy or bodyguard, toss a firecracker or use mute, then stun them; otherwise, try throwing a knife or use that distorting thing and run to their side and stun them.

Remember, all frontal confrontations lead to contested kills, unless they didn't push square.
---
"If Ripto were here, I'd give him a piece of my mind!" : Moneybags from Spyro 2
#5SK00DXPosted 1/20/2013 6:23:17 AM
Shaminardrgn posted...
You can, try tossing a smoke bomb, use a disguise, lure them out with a decoy or bodyguard, toss a firecracker or use mute, then stun them; otherwise, try throwing a knife or use that distorting thing and run to their side and stun them.

Remember, all frontal confrontations lead to contested kills, unless they didn't push square.

Does throwing the knife stun them or should I confront and stun them after throwing the knife?
---
~<Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate (from the truth) after You have guided us, and grant us mercy from You.>~
#6PootbirdPosted 1/20/2013 7:19:21 AM
Use anything besides smoke bomb, otherwise your not very good.
---
PSN: Goldengeartwo
By using smoke bomb you are unable to hunt and kill like a true assassin, you must kill defenceless people instead.
#7ShaminardrgnPosted 1/20/2013 6:13:28 PM
SK00DX posted...
Shaminardrgn posted...

Does throwing the knife stun them or should I confront and stun them after throwing the knife?

The throwing knife cripples their movements and slows them down, but they can still kill you.

I was able to throw a knife at my persuer, then I ran at them, only I ran AROUND them and punched them in the back of the head.

Be careful, if they anticipate this, they can turn around and attack you as you go to hit them from behind.
---
#8CharpandaV1Posted 1/20/2013 6:32:21 PM
Shaminardrgn posted...

Um... unless there was a hidden update I wasn't aware of, there's no mute in the game.

Pootbird posted...
Use anything besides smoke bomb, otherwise your not very good.

Your reasoning is the only thing around here that's not very good.
---
"...Pretty much boosting your boosting"-- DeliciousJello
Official Daniel Cross of the ACIII boards
#9SK00DXPosted 1/20/2013 7:23:17 PM
Shaminardrgn posted...
SK00DX posted...
Shaminardrgn posted...

The throwing knife cripples their movements and slows them down, but they can still kill you.

I was able to throw a knife at my persuer, then I ran at them, only I ran AROUND them and punched them in the back of the head.

Be careful, if they anticipate this, they can turn around and attack you as you go to hit them from behind.

It seems that the advantage is always with the pursuer. Thanks for the information anyway.
---
#10ShaminardrgnPosted 1/20/2013 9:06:48 PM
CharpandaV1 posted...
Um... unless there was a hidden update I wasn't aware of, there's no mute in the game.

Yes there is; take a look at the abilities. It's a option that sends out a matrix-like grid that prevents the target (in this case, the persuer) from using their abilities or attacking or stunning for a few seconds.
---