Batman is the true modern day assassin.

#41bobbyrkPosted 1/19/2013 4:32:32 PM
Rempha posted...
B) Ok, now here is where I'm kind of surprised you haven't gotten what i mean, I've never stated that I've been speaking canonically or 'factually' at all, but realistically using the movies and comics as examples of times that batman's actions would result in death of civilians, police, or criminals. granted they're not perfectly clear examples its been a while since reading the comics or watching the movies.
Anyway like i said, realistic and dark has always been batman's angle. Very little fluff and magic super-powers, and that's what I've been talking about the entire time. Realistically, a man with batman's level of skill and the arsenal of high-tech weaponry that he uses would be considered responsible for the deaths of a number of people he's done battle with, realistically, a great number of street hoodlums wouldn't be rejoining gangs, they'd be in iron-lungs, wheel-chairs and yes, occasionally graves.

That's just it. He's perfectly fine with breaking bones and whatnot - but he has not killed anyone, he doesn't go for lethal moves. If he had, the cops would be all over him, anyway. It's literally only because of Commissioner Gordon that they aren't already, and he's even stated in some stories that he doesn't go after Batman because Batman cleaned up the streets so the various gangs aren't nearly what they were. That, and the police force simply isn't equipped to go after most of Batman's rogues.

C) yeah, it doesn't matter, whether the cops liked him or not doesn't absolve him of any personal responsibility, i don't care if its canon, non-canon, movie, cartoon, or a shadow-puppet performance. You want Canon-proof? that's silly its a comic not a scripture lol, they get re-invented pretty much every 15-30 years, not every 150. they're subject to change on a semi-generational basis, and again like i said earlier, there's absolutely no mention of batman or bruce wayne ever going to see any of his victims in hospital, or even asking for a medical status on them, and so until there is, I'm going to continue with my belief that batman is responsible for the death of a great many people, criminal, civilian and police alike.

There is something that annoys me about this Canon stuff though, and i'd like you to explain to me so i can be sure to keep track in the future, who decides whats canon? truth be told i dont really care, its all irrelevant, but i see this crap all the time "thats not canon, thats AU" "thats not Canon it's a Dream Episode" "thats not canon its a movie"

To my understanding, if its got the original characters, theme and its been signed off on by the creator, its canon..... right? or does it have to fit into a specific timeline set aside by one specific King Solomon style nerd with infinite wisdom lol

Sort of. What's "canon" differs from series to series and company to company, and even works within the series. If I don't have enough characters, I'll post some more about canon in a separate post.

Let's talk Star Wars, for example. To paint in broad strokes, only the movies are the absolute canon, direct from the creator. However, there's an overall "Expanded Universe" that includes the books, comics, and games. Generally, to be considered "canon" for Star Wars, or at least "in continuity," it has to be non-contradictory of a previous work, including the movies.

For stuff like comics, what's canon is a bit more fluid. Generally everything between reboots is canon, but there may be some stuff that's not, or something a certain writer wrote may contradict somebody else's writing. Then DC Comics has their Elseworlds and Marvel has their "What If..." lines, which are pretty much self-explanatory, they're not established as a part of the current continuity, or canon.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#42blackerfire_Posted 1/19/2013 6:46:45 PM
So...basically....what everyone is saying....is that Batman doesn't kill....

And therefore....

/topic...

Oh, whatever happened to TC btw? I'm thinking dude knew this was gonna happen and this debate is exactly what TC was looking for. Trolling at its finest! :)
#43karankhoslaPosted 1/19/2013 7:17:19 PM
http://s7.postimage.org/a4u5yyqy3/batman.png

He does not kill.

Try Robin`?
#44RemphaPosted 1/20/2013 3:46:35 AM
blackerfire_ posted...

And therefore....

/topic...

Oh, whatever happened to TC btw? I'm thinking dude knew this was gonna happen and this debate is exactly what TC was looking for. Trolling at its finest! :)

I know right? i saw this topic and i thought "I'm gonna have a blast with this!" and im not even one for trolling usually lol
---
Famous last Words "Such is life" --Ned Kelly
#45SK00DXPosted 1/20/2013 7:27:10 AM
O come on braz...everyone knows that Hitman is the TRUE modern day assassin. It's so obvious.
---
~<Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate (from the truth) after You have guided us, and grant us mercy from You.>~
PSN:Skylark97
#46Blaze21Posted 1/20/2013 9:03:56 AM
Rempha posted...
blackerfire_ posted...

And therefore....

/topic...

I know right? i saw this topic and i thought "I'm gonna have a blast with this!" and im not even one for trolling usually lol

Uh...I think he meant TC was trolling with this topic. Perhaps trying to start a flame war/debate or something. But I doubt that was TC's intention. lol
---
I found that highly offensive
Official Aveline de Grandpre of the ACIII boards