Lance

#1bloodprince82Posted 1/23/2013 6:51:28 PM
I've been working on the encycolpedia (sp?) of the common man and everytime i try to find lance he's no where near. I mean literally he's no where to be found. I completed the story 100% sync and just have him and i think 1 more lumberjack thing to go til i finish the encyc. Anyone have any info on what to do? i tried replaying missions to see if he'd show up but nothing. and that 1 other thing for the lumberjacks same thing, nothing new they do but stand around and smoke or check the wheel or fish.
#2najzerePosted 1/24/2013 9:30:25 AM
Lumberjacks were the last workers I needed to scan and they were the laziest dip****s on the Homestead. Probably the most boring thing I've ever done to 100% a game.
---
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=najzere&platform=ps3
#3UnTamed85Posted 1/24/2013 9:37:25 PM
What helped me finally in the end after waiting on those NPCs is to not actually wait for them. If they aren't doing anything or doing something you already scanned...fast travel to the front of the homestead then run back over and over. I found that each time I did that, they were performing different tasks.
---
Me no function beer well without.
#4FetulovesACPosted 1/27/2013 7:05:33 AM
bloodprince82 posted...
I've been working on the encycolpedia (sp?) of the common man and everytime i try to find lance he's no where near. I mean literally he's no where to be found. I completed the story 100% sync and just have him and i think 1 more lumberjack thing to go til i finish the encyc. Anyone have any info on what to do? i tried replaying missions to see if he'd show up but nothing. and that 1 other thing for the lumberjacks same thing, nothing new they do but stand around and smoke or check the wheel or fish.

Remember that Lance is one of the few homesteaders who doesn't have to be home to be scannable. I scanned him in the mine with Norris, for instance. He also inspects fences around the Homestead. He's not tied to one location as most of them are.

As for the lumberjacks--remember to check their wives too. One of the missus churns butter, and that counted for me.
#5zenandiPosted 1/27/2013 7:20:27 AM
UnTamed85 posted...
What helped me finally in the end after waiting on those NPCs is to not actually wait for them. If they aren't doing anything or doing something you already scanned...fast travel to the front of the homestead then run back over and over. I found that each time I did that, they were performing different tasks.

No need to fast travel. Just run away until their icon disappear completely from the map, then go back and check again.