The Tyranny of King Washington--Episode 1 Release date

#1AcFan87Posted 1/24/2013 1:33:38 PM
We finally have a release date!
Episode 1 launches February 19th for PlayStation 3, PC, and XBOX 360.

Connor's new wolf costume looks badass!!!!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/tyranny-of-george-washington-dlc-hits-assassins-creed-iii-in-february-6402898
#2JSCaspianPosted 1/24/2013 3:06:33 PM
$10 a pop huh? That's the same price as the Da Vinci Disappearance, and that DLC came with multiplayer content, 8 memories, two new locations, two Templar Lairs, a new min game, and an outfit. I really hope these three episodes give us about the same amount of content.
---
"I love criticism just so long as it's unqualified praise." Noel Coward
#3NeoMonkPosted 1/24/2013 4:57:24 PM
Why are ppl still shocked? Ubi stinks... they're money hungry douches get over it..
---
"How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at Imlonely.com
#4JSCaspianPosted 1/24/2013 5:29:41 PM
NeoMonk posted...
Why are ppl still shocked? Ubi stinks... they're money hungry douches get over it..

What the hell are you talking about? Someone needs a little work on their reading comprehension.
---
#5NeoMonkPosted 1/24/2013 5:32:29 PM
JSCaspian posted...
What the hell are you talking about? Someone needs a little work on their reading comprehension.

You're asking for them to do more than they announced. The DLC content for MP is out there's nothing more coming. Instead of deflecting try accepting the truth.
---
"How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at Imlonely.com
#6JSCaspianPosted 1/24/2013 5:41:15 PM
NeoMonk posted...
JSCaspian posted...

You're asking for them to do more than they announced. The DLC content for MP is out there's nothing more coming. Instead of deflecting try accepting the truth.

Uhh... What? All I said was that the Da Vinci Disappearance DLC for Brotherhood is the same price as the Tyranny of King Washington DLC, and so I hope the two will be similar in the amount of single-player content. Obviously there's not going to be any multiplayer content included with the Tyranny of King Washington DLC since the Battle Hardened Pack was the only multiplayer pack they announced and there was always going to be only five DLC packs. Where the hell did I ask them to do more than they announced?
---
#7JSCaspianPosted 1/24/2013 5:43:37 PM
And by the way, Ubisoft has been pretty tight-lipped concerning the King Washington DLC so we have no idea what they have in store.
---
#8god_of_dragon_Posted 1/24/2013 6:30:16 PM
That promotional image... I was wondering why the wolves looked deformed. Look at the bottom-right wolf:
http://tinyurl.com/a3odk7u

Then at this:
http://memegenerator.net/Angry-Ass-Wolf

What a horrible slapstick joke of an editing.
#9AcFan87(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 8:10:20 PM
JSCaspian posted...
$10 a pop huh? That's the same price as the Da Vinci Disappearance, and that DLC came with multiplayer content, 8 memories, two new locations, two Templar Lairs, a new min game, and an outfit. I really hope these three episodes give us about the same amount of content.

They are giving us a wolf costume that looks totally badass in my opinion. We got The Hidden Secrets and Battle Hardened packs so IDK about extra multiplayer or locations, but its possible. I am curious to know how The Animus would be able to show an alternate reality when so far it only shows historical events through genetic memories and will Desmond actually experience it or will it be a post game Animus hack?
#10JSCaspianPosted 1/24/2013 8:29:27 PM
AcFan87 posted...
JSCaspian posted...

They are giving us a wolf costume that looks totally badass in my opinion. We got The Hidden Secrets and Battle Hardened packs so IDK about extra multiplayer or locations, but its possible. I am curious to know how The Animus would be able to show an alternate reality when so far it only shows historical events through genetic memories and will Desmond actually experience it or will it be a post game Animus hack?

I don't even think the Animus or Desmond will be involved. Here's what the lead game designer had to say about the DLC:

"For me, the DLC has always been a touchy thing for putting important story moments into...Ultimately it fractures the audience and makes it really difficult for people to keep up with what is the canon of the series.

For us, we want to have a little fun with it, and have a less serious experience, a less earnest experience, and setting it in an alternate history environment gives us room and freedom to play around with things in a more whimsical manner.

We think people are going to enjoy it, have fun with it - we've just got to remember it's not part of the canon, it's just there as something for players to enjoy."

I think it'll be totally self-contained and will only feature Connor. Kind of like Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles for the DS, which was told through the perspective of Altair and had nothing to do with Desmond or the Animus.
---