How the hell do you do a sequential combo kill in this game?

#1MultiKoopaPosted 1/25/2013 2:44:10 PM
It's changed completely from Brotherhood.

I counter kill somebody, then right afterwards, press square+direction towards another enemy and kill them, and it doesn't seem to register (I'm doing the Sequence 2 mission "The Soldier")

I do this to like 4 soldiers, and I'm still not getting the optional objective.

Can somebody please explain to me the EXACT timing of a sequential combo kill?
---
-How many calculations couldn't a calculator calculate if a calculator couldn't calculate calculations?-Random Craziness, Courtesy of MultiKoopa.
#2ChudamaruPosted 1/25/2013 2:47:22 PM
It's not just the timing but the distance. It's hard to explain without showing you.
#3MultiKoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 2:03:43 AM
Somebody try please.
---
-How many calculations couldn't a calculator calculate if a calculator couldn't calculate calculations?-Random Craziness, Courtesy of MultiKoopa.
#4CharpandaV1Posted 1/26/2013 2:12:14 AM
Just... keep mashing square....

Tends to work all the time since BH.
---
"...Pretty much boosting your boosting"-- DeliciousJello
Official Daniel Cross of the ACIII boards
#5MultiKoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 5:10:13 PM
That doesn't work at all in this game.

It works some of the time if I start it after I finish a kill. But each different kill animation seems to have a completely different point for the kill being completed.

Anybody have any good advice?
---
#6Reaper_ExEPosted 1/26/2013 5:44:23 PM
YouTube it, I can't remember that mission, so I can't help you much
---
"I fight.... FOR THE USERS!"
PSN = Ace_ExE85
#7MultiKoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 7:12:08 PM
YouTube wouldn't help with the timing, unless somebody talked over it or did annotations

I got past the mission, by pure luck. I still have no idea how to consistently do a killstreak..
---
#8Reaper_ExEPosted 1/26/2013 7:15:35 PM
Killstreak is, I believe, consecutive kills without getting hit
---
"I fight.... FOR THE USERS!"
PSN = Ace_ExE85
#9MultiKoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 7:20:48 PM
that's not what I mean, then. I mean a combo. Like, half the time, I just go towards the enemy and do a regular hit instead of continuing the kill combo.

How do I keep the combo up?
---
#10Darkstrike15Posted 1/27/2013 3:33:59 PM
As far as I'm concerned, when I play, while Connor is in the middle of the animation of killing someone I keep my left stick pointed to whoever I want to kill next (just make sure they are a reasonable close distance to you).

When the animation is ALMOST done, press square while your left stick is still pointing toward your next target. That's how it works for me at least. I've never really noticed how I've been doing it so far since it seems so normal and casual that I'm used to it. Not sure why you're having so much trouble :P