So I have finally finished the game (End game spoilers)

#11gobuffalo30Posted 1/30/2013 10:49:09 AM
ukeguy808 posted...
DemonReacher posted...
I also don't understand Desmonds decision, out of the two options he chose to save the world but let it be enslaved by Juno, as opposed to starting a fresh and letting the people have free will, which is what the Assassins are all about. So why did he choose the Templar option???!! Wtf is this?

He didn't want to start fresh because he would be like a new Jesus and people in the future would use his words and teachings as an excuse for sacrifice and control like what already happened, so instead of repeating history Desmond gave humanity a chance to stop Juno and free themselves

Free themselves from a civilization that's apparently smarter and more technologically advanced? Come on
#12bobbyrkPosted 1/30/2013 11:13:24 AM
gobuffalo30 posted...
ukeguy808 posted...
DemonReacher posted...
I also don't understand Desmonds decision, out of the two options he chose to save the world but let it be enslaved by Juno, as opposed to starting a fresh and letting the people have free will, which is what the Assassins are all about. So why did he choose the Templar option???!! Wtf is this?

He didn't want to start fresh because he would be like a new Jesus and people in the future would use his words and teachings as an excuse for sacrifice and control like what already happened, so instead of repeating history Desmond gave humanity a chance to stop Juno and free themselves

Free themselves from a civilization that's apparently smarter and more technologically advanced? Come on

Humans were able to beat the entire first civilization before, when the First Civ had the full backing of all their technology and an entire race. Now it's just Juno (granted, she's... different, now, and we don't know what her full capabilities are).
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#13DemonReacher(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 11:45:25 AM
Sol4688 posted...
How do people miss the whole "VIDIC WANTS HIM ALIVE" part that the game makes glaringly obvious?

Yes, the guards won't use guns. Because a dead Desmond is no use to him.

Yet occasionally a guard will walk up to you and slowly pull a pistol on you, as if his body has been trapped in some quantum vaccum where time goes 10% slower than everyone else. Tranq darts, stun grenades, all sorts of stuff could have been used and man there is pretty much no real reason to keep desmond alive, I honestly dont know why Vidic wasn't afraid of Desmond because he had the apple, did it not click that desmond would just kill everyone with it like he did?

Anyway I know any sane person would choose what Desmond did but this is a video game, imo it would be better if he chose the option that his side represented, otherwise the whole assassin order kinda led to nothing, but thats just me.

Again, how did Desmond touching the thing actually stop the solar flare?

Also I agree on the whole side mission thing. Personally I think they did a great job with AC1 but they focused way too much on everyones complaints about side missions. Yes we get it, the side missions were pretty slack and repetitive, that means you simply improve them, it doesnt mean you base your entire games around them and completely ignore the main missions, the games just have no substance now.
---
MGS3 Ghost Run: Foxhound Rank: Official Ghost Runner of MGS
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4D335DDB9C9BAEDD&feature=plcp
#14VenomSnakePosted 1/30/2013 12:36:22 PM
Well said TC, and everyone else in this topic for that matter.
---
Eric (formerly er51 & er51 is back)
GameFAQs. It's like an RPG with levels and trolls and everything. - Aquatakat on DOS/Windows General