The Giant and the Storm full sync help

#1MultiKoopaPosted 1/29/2013 10:51:40 PM
holy mother of @)(#ing christ almighty

I have spent the last 3 god damn hours trying to do this piece of #($@ mission's optional objective. It is god damn impossible.

I do not understand how you're supposed to do this.

I have looked through EVERY SINGLE TOPIC on these boards about this mission: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/621796-assassins-creed-iii?search=the+giant+and+the+storm

Not a single method listed in those topics, and not a single youtube video, had a strategy that worked for me.

Ram the biggest ship head on? Doesn't expose the weak point.
Chain shot, get parallel to the ship so your cannons are aimed directly at their bow, and fire focused or unfocused normal round shots? completely unreliable, does varying amounts of damage every single time, and either sinks the enemy ship completely, or DURING THE VOLLEY the weakpoint is exposed but the ship dies at the end of the volley JUST before I can swivel cannon the weakpoint
focused fire shots? can completely destroy the smaller ships in one shot

sailing towards enemies at half speed and then slowing to a stop just before you hit? can either destroy completely, or not expose the weak point

I am god damn sick of this *#($ing mission. This is proof positive that not a single person play tested this mission's full sync objective.

Can somebody please post strategies that have worked for them? Hopefully something that isn't listed in any of those topics.

And is there any method that doesn't rely 100% on luck? This mission seems to just be completely based on luck.
Has anybody found a method for this mission that you can use every time you replay and reliably expose the ships' weakpoints?
---
-How many calculations couldn't a calculator calculate if a calculator couldn't calculate calculations?-Random Craziness, Courtesy of MultiKoopa.
#2CharmilePosted 1/29/2013 11:28:45 PM
Do you have the Ram upgrade? If so, keep ramming the front end of the ship as half mast

If you don't, then Ram at full speed at the front, after the chain shot

That's what's been working for me about 90% of the time
---
The problem with restraining speech is, who gets to set the rules? If it's only okay in a certain time or place, who gets to say what time and what place?
#3MultiKoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:40:59 PM
Which ship? The giant one or the little one?
and what's the strategy for the other type of ship?

also, what do you mean "the front end"?
like, about a third of the way down the ship starting from the bow, where the weak point is when it's exposed, or what? where EXACTLY should I ram the ship?
---
-How many calculations couldn't a calculator calculate if a calculator couldn't calculate calculations?-Random Craziness, Courtesy of MultiKoopa.
#4CharmilePosted 1/30/2013 12:33:33 AM
MultiKoopa posted...
Which ship? The giant one or the little one?
and what's the strategy for the other type of ship?

also, what do you mean "the front end"?
like, about a third of the way down the ship starting from the bow, where the weak point is when it's exposed, or what? where EXACTLY should I ram the ship?

Same for all three when they appear

The Bow of the ship to the approximate foremast on the diagram below, anywhere there should do, otherwise keeping ramming it until it shows, then shoot the target with precision cannons
http://library.thinkquest.org/6169/Shiplab.gif
---
The problem with restraining speech is, who gets to set the rules? If it's only okay in a certain time or place, who gets to say what time and what place?
#5MultiKoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 12:37:14 AM
I have tried doing that and the smaller ships just tend to die :\
---
#6zenandiPosted 1/30/2013 1:12:02 AM
I know, rite?
#7MultiKoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 1:44:40 AM
Charmile posted...
Do you have the Ram upgrade? If so, keep ramming the front end of the ship as half mast

If you don't, then Ram at full speed at the front, after the chain shot

That's what's been working for me about 90% of the time

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS

I love you so much Charmile

I finally god damn did it.

@#*8 YOU mission
@#*8 YOU game
@#*8 YOU Giant and the Storm

Who's your daddy?! I AM THAT'S RIGHT
---