Amount for bear pelts dropping?

#1nonpoint3000Posted 1/30/2013 7:19:43 AM
So I started selling them at 1248 and now they are down to 1100. Anyone else have the amounts for items dropping as they sell more of them?
#2CharpandaV1Posted 1/30/2013 7:58:36 AM
Is this from trading or selling?

If it's from trading with convoys, just change your buyer.

Try to change the shop your selling it to to see if the price you get changes.
---
"...Pretty much boosting your boosting"-- DeliciousJello
Official Daniel Cross of the ACIII boards
#3nonpoint3000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 10:48:32 AM
From trading. They all keep going down. It's pissing me off bc I was making bank with the navel convoys. Probably have to move to land soon
#4bobbyrkPosted 1/30/2013 10:53:11 AM
It shouldn't go down at all from convoys. St. Augustine should always net ~1500 per pelt. Maybe you accidentally sent it to a different location? They don't all give the same amount.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#5FetulovesACPosted 1/30/2013 11:27:07 AM
I just checked the book--and some of the shops DO change, depending on what sequence you're in when you send off the convoy.

Child's in Boston, Murdoch's in Frontier and the Virgin Islands generally pay the best for pelts. Depending on the sequence, which pays better than the other. Child's is best Seq. 5-7 and the Virgin Islands, Seq 10-12 (with 12--postgame--being the highest in the game).

They've got a nice little chart in the book, FWIW. Not that I pay much attention to it when I'm playing. LOL!
#6DemonReacherPosted 1/30/2013 11:29:26 AM
This is mainly due to the wide spread rumours that bears are mystical creatures that have a special bond with humans, the majority of the market is slowly gaining an awareness of the bear and its shaggy fur, and after seeing it having a peaceful swim in the water many do not feel comfortable purchasing goods from bear, even those working in the industry. For this reason demand is dropping so you will have to sell those pelts at a lower price.

Fortunately I have found a loophole around this. I start killing domestic animals with arrow.
---
MGS3 Ghost Run: Foxhound Rank: Official Ghost Runner of MGS
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4D335DDB9C9BAEDD&feature=plcp
#7bobbyrkPosted 1/30/2013 12:10:27 PM
FetulovesAC posted...
I just checked the book--and some of the shops DO change, depending on what sequence you're in when you send off the convoy.

Child's in Boston, Murdoch's in Frontier and the Virgin Islands generally pay the best for pelts. Depending on the sequence, which pays better than the other. Child's is best Seq. 5-7 and the Virgin Islands, Seq 10-12 (with 12--postgame--being the highest in the game).

They've got a nice little chart in the book, FWIW. Not that I pay much attention to it when I'm playing. LOL!

The absolute best for bear pelts is always St. Augustine. I've never had bear pelts sell for less than ~1500 there.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#8nonpoint3000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 7:31:37 PM
Ok here is the full run down for bear pelts. I'm in sequence 11, louisbourg is +5 risk 0 tax profit 1104, Bahamas +80 risk (don't know how to get that one down) profit 1248, saint-Augustine +5 risk profit 1152, Virgin Islands +80 risk profit 1272. Now I have made a lot of bear pelt runs! Sent out well over 200 pelts so far. Would that matter?
#9DemonReacherPosted 1/30/2013 7:34:13 PM
I would think so yes, many people to the east are becoming increasingly concerned about the amount of bears running amok in their fields, why just last weekend there were complaints of bear eating pies cooling on the windsills of unsuspecting homestead folk.
---
MGS3 Ghost Run: Foxhound Rank: Official Ghost Runner of MGS
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4D335DDB9C9BAEDD&feature=plcp