Why did Achilles choose the name Connor for Ratonhnhaketon?

#1TreyAzagothPosted 1/30/2013 12:54:38 PM
Is there any significance?
#2NubaruPosted 1/30/2013 1:01:53 PM
Connor is the Name of Achilles Deceased Son.
---
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick a**... and I'm all out of bubblegum..." - Nada (Roddy Piper)
#3CryBaby51Posted 1/30/2013 1:02:40 PM
It is significant, but it's a spoiler so I'm not going to say. If you have not finished the game yet, just keep playing and you will see the connection.
---
Lisa Murphy <- is a girl. Yes, Virginia, there are girl gamers.
#4najzerePosted 1/30/2013 2:30:54 PM
Connor? I barely know 'or.
---
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=najzere&platform=ps3
#5d00fy90Posted 1/30/2013 3:46:29 PM
I finished the game last saturday and I don't remember there being a connection.
#6EDarienPosted 1/30/2013 6:44:32 PM
d00fy90 posted...
I finished the game last saturday and I don't remember there being a connection.

It was already addressed in the spoiler post up top (just highlight the black box and you'll see the words). The spoiler is correct. I just finished the game today, myself. I noticed it last night, though [spoiler ahead]: When digging Achilles's grave, it shows the other headstones briefly. The son, Connor, is faded, but still there.

Note: This is my first time using the spoiler html flag. That was pretty neat. I'd always wondered how people did it and just today it occurred to me to "quote" the guy who used it in order to see the html prompt.
---
Lali-ho!
#7Sol4688Posted 1/30/2013 7:06:31 PM
najzere posted...
Connor? I barely know 'or.

ZING!
---
PSN: CrimeRoyal
#8risktakerPosted 2/1/2013 1:07:24 PM
It makes sense now, but at the time, that scene cracked me up.

Achilles: "You should not let them know you're a native. Fortunately, you kind of look like you could be a Spaniard. To sell everyone on it, we will avoid calling you by your true name and instead call you Connor."

The Spaniard, named Connor, dressed in Native American garb, proceeds to enter the store. What a clever ruse!

It makes a lot more sense after it's explained later. :)
---
Gundam Origin manga US release available for preorder on Amazon.com.
#9CRtwentyPosted 2/1/2013 6:20:48 PM
risktaker posted...
It makes sense now, but at the time, that scene cracked me up.

Achilles: "You should not let them know you're a native. Fortunately, you kind of look like you could be a Spaniard. To sell everyone on it, we will avoid calling you by your true name and instead call you Connor."

The Spaniard, named Connor, dressed in Native American garb, proceeds to enter the store. What a clever ruse!

It makes a lot more sense after it's explained later. :)

My favorite bit from that is where Achilles doesn't even try to pronounce Connor's real name. Anyway I just assumed the shop keeper took him to be a trapper/mountain man. A lot of them wore native style garb since it was specifically suited to the climate/terrain in that area.
---
"I just came out of a PIE, you swooning harpy! That is totally bat-**** insane!" - Mehrunes Dagon