Just finished the game. Got some questions (*SPOILERS*)

#1XGlaceXPosted 1/30/2013 1:43:32 PM
So I have just reached the ending. Let me guest this straight:

-Desmond had two choices - he decided to die and protect the planet at the cost of freeing Juno, who happened to be the real evil in the story?

- Does this mean it will happen what happened to the First Civilization?

-Also, what's the relationship between Connor and Aveline?

And where do you think the next AC will take place IF it has to take place in the past?
---
Pokemon White 2 Fc: 0820 2535 6157
PSN ID: DOWLOADER3000 (yeah, silly and without the "N")
#2zenandiPosted 1/30/2013 2:28:17 PM
XGlaceX posted...
-Desmond had two choices - he decided to die and protect the planet at the cost of freeing Juno, who happened to be the real evil in the story?

Nope, First Civilization was devastated precisely because they didn't want to use whatever Juno was offering -- or more likely, they were too distracted to even have the technology at that point... If you pay attention in the credits, I think modern Earth got away wihout any scars even...

Forgettable game keeps doing this to me... WHO?!!?!

And where do you think the next AC will take place IF it has to take place in the past?

The French Revolution is comfortably in Connor's lifetime....
#3najzerePosted 1/30/2013 2:29:47 PM
I recognize a little bit of the first question from the game, but no idea about any of the other stuff. Who pays attention to the ridiculous story in this series?

I think the next two AC's (ACIII-2 and ACIII-3) will both take place in the same timeframe, but I'm hoping they'll go to England or something and get out of America.
---
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=najzere&platform=ps3
#4bobbyrkPosted 1/30/2013 3:16:06 PM
XGlaceX posted...
So I have just reached the ending. Let me guest this straight:

Yes. By freeing Juno, she activated one of the plans that she told Desmond about. She is then free to try and take over the world - emphasis on the word "try."

No. Desmond's choice broke the cycle. Had he taken Minerva's choice, the cycle would have started again - humanity rising from the ashes of a burnt out world, with two groups (the Assassins and Templar) fighting for what they view as the good of humanity.

As far as I know, the two of them only cross paths for the story of AC3: Liberation. Having not played that game, I don't know anything about her story. They are not related, if that is what you are asking, and it doesn't appear that he would go for her (having promised Dobby first dibs, after all).

There is no IF. It WILL take place in the past. The only question is, will they continue with Connor (which seems likely, but they did say that his future depends on how much fans like him) or with a different character.

The question is, how they will continue to tell the modern day story, and through whom.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#5Blaze21Posted 1/30/2013 4:03:27 PM
bobbyrk posted...
There is no IF. It WILL take place in the past. The only question is, will they continue with Connor (which seems likely, but they did say that his future depends on how much fans like him) or with a different character.

The question is, how they will continue to tell the modern day story, and through whom.

From the way Gfaqs has been going on, it seems as though the majority don't like Connor.

Have we had a poll here about this yet?
---
I found that highly offensive
Official Aveline de Grandpre of the ACIII boards
#6EDarienPosted 1/30/2013 6:40:43 PM
Blaze21 posted...
bobbyrk posted...

From the way Gfaqs has been going on, it seems as though the majority don't like Connor.

I'm new to this board, but I noticed the same. I like Connor, myself, but it seems like the people I've talked to so far don't. Comments about him not being a "real assassin" and similar. I'll agree that I think the original AC was the best of them for story, but I liked Connor more, as a person/assassin, than Ezio.

That might be part of it, though. I think a lot of people liked Ezio, so maybe there's something to do that.
---
Lali-ho!
#7bobbyrkPosted 1/30/2013 7:24:22 PM
EDarien posted...
Blaze21 posted...
bobbyrk posted...

I'm new to this board, but I noticed the same. I like Connor, myself, but it seems like the people I've talked to so far don't. Comments about him not being a "real assassin" and similar. I'll agree that I think the original AC was the best of them for story, but I liked Connor more, as a person/assassin, than Ezio.

That might be part of it, though. I think a lot of people liked Ezio, so maybe there's something to do that.

The problem is, Ezio was a larger than life character, and in many ways was very stereotypical Italian. He was very much an overcompensation for any faults (real or no) with Altair. Then they tried to write Connor as a much more "human" character, and ended up with another overcompensation.

It also doesn't help that between the main storyline missions and the Homestead missions, the way he speaks to people can vary greatly, one moment being kind and polite, and the next being very angry.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#8EDarienPosted 1/31/2013 11:23:39 PM
bobbyrk posted...
EDarien posted...
Blaze21 posted...
bobbyrk posted...

The problem is, Ezio was a larger than life character, and in many ways was very stereotypical Italian. He was very much an overcompensation for any faults (real or no) with Altair. Then they tried to write Connor as a much more "human" character, and ended up with another overcompensation.

It also doesn't help that between the main storyline missions and the Homestead missions, the way he speaks to people can vary greatly, one moment being kind and polite, and the next being very angry.

I think that varying moods in regard to different situations is very human. He tends to only be angry when someone has wronged someone in his community. And very kind and generous to those who live there. I think they succeeded in making a human character. Not the very detached (albeit very Assassin) Altair, nor the very exaggerated and over the top Ezio. Your portrayal of him is spot on. Stereotypical Italian and a big overcompensation for the stoic Altair.

Anyway, overall I'd say fair assessment and I agree with you except for Connor being an "overcompensation" in the regard of his humanity. I will say they may have overdone it with motivation though. His village, the vision from the Apple, his dad, Achilles ... He had too many reasons crammed into one game/story. That's a kind of a big flaw in a game like this, though, so that can explain some of the hate, I think.
---
Lali-ho!