I can't seem tp pick this one lock...*Spoilers*

#1acolytesPosted 1/30/2013 4:52:22 PM
I just finished the mission where you free the captive slaves in Boston. There's a chest in this area, but everytime I try to pick the lock, I seem to fail. I don't feel like my fingers are moving, but most of the time it just stops picking half way through. I've had no problem picking locks up until now.
---
"I want your blood...I want your souls...And I want 'em both, right now." - Johnny Ringo, Tombstone
#2Blaze21Posted 1/30/2013 5:09:02 PM
I had this problem a few times myself. Either keep trying or stop picking the lock, walk away and come back. Either way you'll get it eventually.
---
I found that highly offensive
Official Aveline de Grandpre of the ACIII boards
#3FetulovesACPosted 1/30/2013 6:41:43 PM
That happens to me at various chests.

The real secret is to leave all the chests for Connor to get. Then go forth and liberate the cities. When you do that, you get the key to open all the chests in that area and, viola! you don't have to pick any more idjit locks that decide not to work for no good reason. You only have to deal with the locked chests in the Frontier, which aren't as many.
#4ukeguy808Posted 1/31/2013 12:43:40 AM
FetulovesAC posted...
That happens to me at various chests.

The real secret is to leave all the chests for Connor to get. Then go forth and liberate the cities. When you do that, you get the key to open all the chests in that area and, viola! you don't have to pick any more idjit locks that decide not to work for no good reason. You only have to deal with the locked chests in the Frontier, which aren't as many.

This is the best way to bypass lock picking only exceptions are chests that are in forts they all have to be picked. Treasure chests in the frontier do not need to be picked.
---
We work in the dark to serve the light. We are Assassins. Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
Official Yusuf Tazim of the AC3 boards