So, does anybody here actually like Connor?

#21VenomSnakePosted 2/1/2013 6:45:12 AM
Yea, maybe I would know more about his character and like him more if I had been able to do the homestead missions. Unfortunately the game is so glitched that half of them don't show up so I guess I'll never know.
---
Eric (formerly er51 & er51 is back)
GameFAQs. It's like an RPG with levels and trolls and everything. - Aquatakat on DOS/Windows General
#22gobuffalo30Posted 2/1/2013 6:56:22 AM
I didn't hate him but I really disliked him. His character was confusing to say the least, almost like he was bipolar. At one time he'll be nice and other times he's angry and screaming. Immediately after those cut scenes, you do a homestead mission for Achilles and he's like "sure I'll do this for you". So very disrespectful to Achilles, the man who trained him and became his mentor.

He also kept changing his stance IMO on what his purpose was. At the beginning it's protecting his people and then it jumps to kiling people because they're templars and then it's back to protecting his people, back and forth.

He also seemed to tell people to do one thing, not to do something, and then does the complete opposite. I can't name any specific situations but it seemed that way to me.
#23Blaze21Posted 2/1/2013 12:06:43 PM
gobuffalo30 posted...
I didn't hate him but I really disliked him. His character was confusing to say the least, almost like he was bipolar. At one time he'll be nice and other times he's angry and screaming. Immediately after those cut scenes, you do a homestead mission for Achilles and he's like "sure I'll do this for you". So very disrespectful to Achilles, the man who trained him and became his mentor.

He also kept changing his stance IMO on what his purpose was. At the beginning it's protecting his people and then it jumps to kiling people because they're templars and then it's back to protecting his people, back and forth.

He also seemed to tell people to do one thing, not to do something, and then does the complete opposite. I can't name any specific situations but it seemed that way to me.

I can somewhat see where you're coming from with this. Some may say that it's him being young and naive and perhaps confused about which paths he should take. I attribute it to it simply being poor storytelling on Ubi's part. It's already been mentioned countless times that this game needed more work and time to be developed. The portrayal of Connor and any disparities in his personality is just one of many things on that list.
---
I found that highly offensive
Official Aveline de Grandpre of the ACIII boards
#24najzerePosted 2/1/2013 12:26:04 PM
krono069 posted...
I'm surprised at the direction this thread went.
__

Never underestimate anonymous internet people's drive to prove you wrong, even if they actually agree with you in real life. If you had posted about why does everyone like Connor so much, this thread would have gone exactly where you expected it.
---
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=najzere&platform=ps3
#25VenomSnakePosted 2/1/2013 2:10:03 PM

Yea totally agree. His character seemed poorly planned on the storytellers part, which seems to be a problem with the writing.
---
Eric (formerly er51 & er51 is back)
GameFAQs. It's like an RPG with levels and trolls and everything. - Aquatakat on DOS/Windows General
#26CRtwentyPosted 2/1/2013 5:18:39 PM
I liked his character, but I agree with the above posters that he needed more characterization then he got. More scenes with him and Haytham, Achilles, and especially him and Lee would have improved the story tremendously.

He's a big departure from the previous Assassins that's for sure relying on his emotions far more than the more pragmatic and professional characters we played before. Watching him realize the consquences of his actions at the end of the game was one of my favorite moments and really made me want to see how he matures in later games.
---
"I just came out of a PIE, you swooning harpy! That is totally bat-**** insane!" - Mehrunes Dagon
#27grand_kaizerPosted 2/1/2013 7:39:31 PM
Like Ezio's first game, this game tells us a story of Connor growing up. The differences between he and Ezio are pretty obvious. One obvious thing is that Connor is honest. To a fault. He doesn't have a filter like Ezio did. When he thinks you're wrong he'll tell you to your face. When he thinks you're really wrong he'll yell it to your face, and because of his upbringing he doesn't understand all the grey area the colonies have brought with them; initially he only sees black and white in the world.
---
"I am the Truest Repairman!"
#28lll-SlimJim-lllPosted 2/1/2013 10:37:22 PM
Eh I didn't know Assassin's had to be little Nathan Drakes in hoods...Ezio's great and all, but come on. The man saw his mother die, and has to kill his own father.

I think he's the best Assassins yet, I love his moral views, he's so blunt and just wants to do what is right. I'm also surprised people find him boring....do yall just skip the cutscenes, he has plenty of entertaining moments with Achilles, the Patriots and the people around the homestead.

He speaks his mind, but just because he doesn't have quippy one-liners and doesn't have sex with random women he is a "flat" character. >.<
#29krono069(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 2:03:20 AM
VenomSnake posted...
Yea, maybe I would know more about his character and like him more if I had been able to do the homestead missions. Unfortunately the game is so glitched that half of them don't show up so I guess I'll never know.

^I guess this is sorta where I stand too. My homestead missions are gone forever it seems. :(
__
---
"I may lead you astray every now and then, but I'm always a safe bet.". ~Mat Cauthon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U93D8l8B_HU
#30krono069(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 12:44:40 PM
Well, I guess there ARE actually quite a few folks around here who do like Connor. Good to know. :D

__
---
"I may lead you astray every now and then, but I'm always a safe bet.". ~Mat Cauthon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U93D8l8B_HU