So, does anybody here actually like Connor?

#31xSugaSugaPosted 2/2/2013 3:34:53 PM
I personally like em cause you get to basically watch him grow up and Ubi left enough room for character development for him if they do another sequel.
---
PSN: FlyaThanaKitE GT: HiyaThanAkite
Clan: Hustlers
#32EDarienPosted 2/2/2013 9:38:27 PM
Blaze21 posted...
4nationfury posted...
Connor can be a bit ignorant and senseless at times. But I love his innocent, idealistic nature. He can also be very sweet in his Homestead missions and other side quests.

These are the reasons I like Connor. Sure he can be immature and dumb, but he wasn't any worse than ACII Ezio, imo. But I guess since Ezio is Italian and a womanizer, that automatically makes him a better, more well-rounded and flushed out character.

^ This is like saying the guys on Jersey Shore are better, more well-rounded people than Tom Hanks. Except it confuses dumb with naive. Connor's naive, to be expected given his story, if the writers are doing their job properly. To have him not be naive, after his upbringing/motivation, in a very European-modeled world where his own father is his worst enemy would be poor writing and we'd all be complaining about his omniscience and what a terrible job the writers did to make us like him more.
---
Lali-ho!
#33VenomSnakePosted 2/3/2013 7:18:44 AM
Blaze21 posted...
4nationfury posted...
Connor can be a bit ignorant and senseless at times. But I love his innocent, idealistic nature. He can also be very sweet in his Homestead missions and other side quests.

These are the reasons I like Connor. Sure he can be immature and dumb, but he wasn't any worse than ACII Ezio, imo. But I guess since Ezio is Italian and a womanizer, that automatically makes him a better, more well-rounded and flushed out character.

^ This is like saying the guys on Jersey Shore are better, more well-rounded people than Tom Hanks. Except it confuses dumb with naive. Connor's naive, to be expected given his story, if the writers are doing their job properly. To have him not be naive, after his upbringing/motivation, in a very European-modeled world where his own father is his worst enemy would be poor writing and we'd all be complaining about his omniscience and what a terrible job the writers did to make us like him more.

I'm pretty sure Blaze21 was being sarcastic...
---
Eric (formerly er51 & er51 is back)
GameFAQs. It's like an RPG with levels and trolls and everything. - Aquatakat on DOS/Windows General
#34EDarienPosted 2/3/2013 7:45:08 AM
VenomSnake posted...
Blaze21 posted...
4nationfury posted...

I'm pretty sure Blaze21 was being sarcastic...

You're likely right. I re-read it and I think you're right about that. But it doesn't change my point, though. Connor is naive, not dumb. Also, there have been a few people on this board I've seen where Ezio appears the favorite assassin and that's just sad. Not to say Ezio didn't have his moments, but compared to the others, he was comical as a "leader". It still gets me that, a few times on this board, I see people claiming that Connor "isn't a real assassin" but somehow Ezio was? Altair was literally in the original Assassin's guild, the one that began all the legends and the infamous "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted." But the other two had similar experiences in the regard of being recruited later in life, but an existing assassin (albeit in active) and then forging their path from there.

Also, I have yet to have anyone respond when I've asked what makes Ezio a "real" assassin where Connor isn't. It's one thing to say it, but nobody I've seen say that has backed it up, even a little.
---
Lali-ho!
#35Blaze21Posted 2/3/2013 1:56:51 PM
EDarien posted...
You're likely right. I re-read it and I think you're right about that. But it doesn't change my point, though. Connor is naive, not dumb. Also, there have been a few people on this board I've seen where Ezio appears the favorite assassin and that's just sad. Not to say Ezio didn't have his moments, but compared to the others, he was comical as a "leader". It still gets me that, a few times on this board, I see people claiming that Connor "isn't a real assassin" but somehow Ezio was? Altair was literally in the original Assassin's guild, the one that began all the legends and the infamous "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted." But the other two had similar experiences in the regard of being recruited later in life, but an existing assassin (albeit in active) and then forging their path from there.

Also, I have yet to have anyone respond when I've asked what makes Ezio a "real" assassin where Connor isn't. It's one thing to say it, but nobody I've seen say that has backed it up, even a little.

Yes, I was definitely being sarcastic. I suppose I should have added "That makes perfect sense" at the end to make the sarcasm more clear.

I also agree to replace 'naive' with 'dumb'. I prefer that word much better.
---
I found that highly offensive
Official Aveline de Grandpre of the ACIII boards