Artifact Assault: I stink and need tips

#31CharpandaV1Posted 2/4/2013 7:07:57 PM
Pootbird posted...
CharpandaV1 posted...
Pootbird posted...
Since there is a huge *kill me!* indicator above you, wouldn't glimmer be useless?

Are you talking about running while using glimmer?

Nowhere in the description of the set does it say to run -__-

In fact it even says "sneak in" in the description I posted. It's a stealth set.

No I mean the indicator pointing to the person who has the atrifact

It only shows up if you're in high profile, bromeister.
---
"...Pretty much boosting your boosting"-- DeliciousJello
Official Daniel Cross of the ACIII boards
#32KazuoMitarashiPosted 2/4/2013 8:24:12 PM
CharpandaV1 posted...
Pootbird posted...
CharpandaV1 posted...
Pootbird posted...
Since there is a huge *kill me!* indicator above you, wouldn't glimmer be useless?

In fact it even says "sneak in" in the description I posted. It's a stealth set.

So wait, if I just walk the entire time with the Artifact, there won't be an icon over my head? This changes everything!
---
PSN: KazuoMitarashi / Currently Playing:
AC3 (3rd Prestige), Borderlands 2 (Siren), DmC, SSBB, Zelda, and Halo 4
#33CharpandaV1Posted 2/4/2013 11:48:38 PM
KazuoMitarashi posted...
CharpandaV1 posted...
Pootbird posted...
CharpandaV1 posted...
Pootbird posted...

So wait, if I just walk the entire time with the Artifact, there won't be an icon over my head? This changes everything!

No there won't be. It'll be on your screen to indicate to you that you have it, but the others won't see it.

Of course there's still the matter of the compass.
---
#34celc5(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 9:55:56 AM
Kazuo,
My sentiments exactly. I thought for sure the icon appears regardless of high or low profile. This really broadens approach possibilities for me, especially being a more stealthy deathmatch player at heart.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could you guys explain border wars?

I see a lot of standoffs that just seem silly and pointless. I'm sure there's strategy there, but my gut says to either fall back a bit and play d or just find another offensive route. Info needed
#35CharpandaV1Posted 2/6/2013 3:35:26 PM
celc5 posted...
Kazuo,
My sentiments exactly. I thought for sure the icon appears regardless of high or low profile. This really broadens approach possibilities for me, especially being a more stealthy deathmatch player at heart.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could you guys explain border wars?

I see a lot of standoffs that just seem silly and pointless. I'm sure there's strategy there, but my gut says to either fall back a bit and play d or just find another offensive route. Info needed

Remember, walking around with it is great, but there's still a compass that points towards you. The chances of you getting back to the base by only walking are slim to none unless the other team sucks.

Unless, of course, you speak of walking out of their base while you have it. In that case I commend you.

Border wars are exactly that. Silly and pointless. In ACR, they could net people a lot of points while harassing the other team. Here they're just annoying.

Just don't get involved in them if you don't want to. If your whole team gets involved, there's a chance someone of the other team could sneak in and get your artifact, so you playing d is a good thing.
---
#36KazuoMitarashiPosted 2/6/2013 4:30:27 PM
How quickly does the icon disappear if going from high profile to low profile?
---
PSN: KazuoMitarashi / Currently Playing:
AC3 (3rd Prestige), Borderlands 2 (Siren), DmC, SSBB, Zelda, and Halo 4
#37CharpandaV1Posted 2/6/2013 5:00:59 PM
KazuoMitarashi posted...
How quickly does the icon disappear if going from high profile to low profile?

2-3 seconds, I think.

I know it flashes for a bit after you enter low profile.
---
#38celc5(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 11:40:37 AM
Panda,
1. I was able to walk out with the artifact last night once in about 4 or 5 matches. The opportunity rarely presented itself but it was a nice trick to have in my back pocket.

2. Do you think that boarder guarding is more efficient than base guarding maybe in certain situations? For example, I was on a team with only 2 players vs 4. We had that disadvantage for about 5 or 6 minutes and it seemed like I could get better angles defending in both directions at the boarder, rather than at the base. Your thoughts?

3. I played 1 round of DM for the first time in a few weeks. I got 10k and EV in a lobby with 5 other prestiged players. Now I know not all prestiges are created equal, but I expected to be rusty after focusing on Artifact lately. The opposite happened, it made DM seem really slow and quite easy. Anyone else experience this?
#39Blaze21Posted 2/7/2013 12:38:52 PM
celc5 posted...
3. I played 1 round of DM for the first time in a few weeks. I got 10k and EV in a lobby with 5 other prestiged players. Now I know not all prestiges are created equal, but I expected to be rusty after focusing on Artifact lately. The opposite happened, it made DM seem really slow and quite easy. Anyone else experience this?

I have experienced this off and on. It really does depend on how good the lobby is/individual players and how high their prestige is. If everyone is a good player, it'll be a fun and quick match like what you're used to. But playing against noobs and only 1 or 2 experienced players will make it seem slow.

But I'm thinking you have to play more than 1 session to know for sure. :)
---
I found that highly offensive
Official Aveline de Grandpre of the ACIII boards
#40CharpandaV1Posted 2/7/2013 4:53:05 PM
celc5 posted...
Panda,
1. I was able to walk out with the artifact last night once in about 4 or 5 matches. The opportunity rarely presented itself but it was a nice trick to have in my back pocket.

2. Do you think that boarder guarding is more efficient than base guarding maybe in certain situations? For example, I was on a team with only 2 players vs 4. We had that disadvantage for about 5 or 6 minutes and it seemed like I could get better angles defending in both directions at the boarder, rather than at the base. Your thoughts?

1. Good, use it wisely!

2. Well again, I'm a big advocate of NOT defending at the base. I usually pick a spot where I can see multiple entry points into my side. For example, in Fort Wolcott I will defend from the top of the stairs that overlook the center of the map.

It gives me the advantage of not only seeing people running in, but also seeing the people not running in. If I see that I have a contract, but I don't establish line of sight, I can guesstimate where it is that they're coming from, since there's only 2 other ways they can come in from.

It takes practice, but after a while you can get good at it. To the other team, it'll appear you're everywhere. And if they do manage to take the artifact, you have some leeway where you can cut them off, instead of blindly scrambling around like a headless chicken if you're defending from the base.

Now if you can achieve this by defending from the border, then by all means, go through with it. Again, I'm not big on defending from the base unless it's absolutely necessary, like in NY Brewery. I don't know how Blaze can stand it tbh >_>

3. It's like riding an old bike. After a while, it's just second nature. How high were these prestiges?
---