SPOILERS Why is there no ending backlash like Mass Effect 3 had?

#1Dr_KainPosted 2/2/2013 9:14:00 AM
The ending to this game utter crap. It was just as bad as the Mass Effect 3 cop out ending. Why does this game not have the fan outcry and demand for a new ending like ME3 got? What makes this game get a pass but it was not okay for ME3?
---
GLaDOS 2012 - At least she admits the cake is a lie.
#2HagielPosted 2/2/2013 9:32:43 AM
Personally I find the ending to ACIII really bad. BUT!

It doesn not spit in the entire mechanics of the game (choices and their repercussions --> didn't matter in ME3 ending), did not suddenly add space magic (the Ones That Came Before were there since AC2) in a universe that was logical before, did not just have 3 choices instead of the promised 16 endings and did not just have bad options for it to end and most important did not leave the intire galaxy to rot and die.

The only thing they have in common is that it's rushed, has lot holes and is stupi... just like the end of ME3
---
It's so much easier to see the world in black and white. Gray? I don't know what to do with gray.
Garrus Vakarian
#3CharmilePosted 2/2/2013 10:02:50 AM
Hagiel posted...

It doesn not spit in the entire mechanics of the game (choices and their repercussions --> didn't matter in ME3 ending), did not suddenly add space magic (the Ones That Came Before were there since AC2) in a universe that was logical before, did not just have 3 choices instead of the promised 16 endings and did not just have bad options for it to end and most important did not leave the intire galaxy to rot and die.

The only thing they have in common is that it's rushed, has lot holes and is stupi... just like the end of ME3

This be the kicker right here, granted that doesn't even change much with the Extended Cut, but it improved it enough to satisfy the majority and cause those who despised it to move on

Such as shame that almost nobody can write a trilogy well anymore lol
---
The problem with restraining speech is, who gets to set the rules? If it's only okay in a certain time or place, who gets to say what time and what place?
#4bobbyrkPosted 2/2/2013 10:03:40 AM
It was nowhere near as bad as ME3's ending. That was insulting. This is just... underwhelming and anticlimactic.

And there WAS outcry against the ending of AC3, anyway, but now people have moved on.

Hagiel posted...
did not suddenly add space magic (the Ones That Came Before were there since AC2)

Those Who Came Before were first name-dropped in AC1.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#5NarutoPosted 2/2/2013 10:07:14 AM
I didn't hate the ME3 ending. Granted, I bought the game like a month or so after it came out and finally finished it after the Extended patch came out. I would've preferred if Male Shep and Kaidan lived happily ever after... but at least Liara's time capsule will tell his story.
#6JPliciousPosted 2/2/2013 10:11:29 AM
No one really cared for the ending since the series turned to **** after II
#7HagielPosted 2/2/2013 11:45:49 AM
Charmile posted...
Hagiel posted...

This be the kicker right here, granted that doesn't even change much with the Extended Cut, but it improved it enough to satisfy the majority and cause those who despised it to move on

The extended cut didn't please me. Granted, you can shoot the kid now, that was a really cool ending :-)
But the rest.... It's still space magic, the 3 choices are still bad, and it still does not explain what this kid is.

Why would Hackett order the fleet away BEFORE he could confirm if the reapers are dead? They did not know if the Crucible really was a weapon.

Why does Harbinger stop fireing when the Normandy lands to evacuate your teammates?

How do they repair the really damaged Normandy on a jungle planet without a dry dock and no spare parts?

In the destroy ending... how do they suddenly know about the technology of the Relays to repait them?

Aaaahhhhhh!!!! I must stop!! I'm just going to get mad again, I must live with the fact that BioWare screwed up my most favourite franchise *sob*
---
It's so much easier to see the world in black and white. Gray? I don't know what to do with gray.
Garrus Vakarian
#8Dr_Kain(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 12:23:38 PM
Charmile posted...

Unless you have Uncharted, Nolan, or Jackson in your name.
---
GLaDOS 2012 - At least she admits the cake is a lie.
#9FetulovesACPosted 2/2/2013 1:08:35 PM
AC3 isn't the announced end of the franchise either. It's the end of Desmond's story, but it's not necessarily the end of AC. We can still have some hope that Ubisoft will pull their heads out of their butts and give us a good story again.

ME3 was the end. The final note of something very beloved stank to high heaven, so people were pissed and got loud about it. I don't think they did more than turn on a small fan to get rid of some of the stink, but, hey, at least it wasn't as bad and they did do something.
#10CharmilePosted 2/2/2013 1:23:24 PM
FetulovesAC posted...
ME3 was going to be the end. The final note of something very beloved stank to high heaven, so people were pissed and got loud about it. I don't think they did more than turn on a small fan to get rid of some of the stink, but, hey, at least it wasn't as bad and they did do something.

With minor adjustment to the claim, I agree. To be fair though after the successful sales of 2 and marketing campaign of three, its "ascendance" to a franchise.

Hopefully Ubi will be able to continue the story of AC better
---
The problem with restraining speech is, who gets to set the rules? If it's only okay in a certain time or place, who gets to say what time and what place?