SPOILERS Why is there no ending backlash like Mass Effect 3 had?

#11PARAMYTASPosted 2/2/2013 6:22:50 PM
In short, the AC series didn't focus on your choices and the impact that your choices had on the story. Mass Effect series did. That's why the ending wasn't blasted everywhere online and made news and such. Plus the fact that Ubisoft didn't promise twenty different endings based on your choices and at the end, it really was generally just one ending only tweaked here and there.
---
It's not the games fault you have the attention span of a squirrel.
#12drewthebluePosted 2/3/2013 5:20:50 AM
JPlicious posted...
No one really cared for the ending since the series turned to **** after II

I think this is the correct answer.
#13Sol4688Posted 2/3/2013 6:01:37 AM
My mind is still just blown that people even CARED about Mass Effect that much to do all that whining.
---
PSN: CrimeRoyal
#14PARAMYTASPosted 2/3/2013 6:52:07 AM
Sol4688 posted...
My mind is still just blown that people even CARED about Mass Effect that much to do all that whining.

I feel the same way. I didn't like the ending personally but I got over it in like a minute. I didn't care much for crying like hell over a video game but it happened so.......I guess a lot of people don't have that much of a life after all.
---
It's not the games fault you have the attention span of a squirrel.
#15Lioyd_the_heroPosted 2/3/2013 8:49:34 AM
Because the ending of AC 3 was connected to the game and tied up a lot of stuff and hinted at more games

ME 3 just did a crappy thing that pretty much said "you know all the work you did in the last 3 games? that was pointless and all lead up to a conversation with some space kid thing and a multiple choice ending

AC 3, wasn't bad it just wasnt enough...
ME 3's ending was not only bad but stupid, so much so that they had to release ANOTHER ENDING and extend the 3 existing ones so they actually made some sense
---
PSN howling_red
#16Dr_Kain(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 10:28:36 AM
But the ending was so stupid and a cop out. Nothing came out of Desmond's entire journey. I feel like I wasted 6 years to have nothing come out of it outside of a quick 60 second ending. It isn't the outcome of the ending that frustrates me, it is how piss poorly short it was. It felt rushed like they tacked it on at the last minute.
---
GLaDOS 2012 - At least she admits the cake is a lie.
#17bobbyrkPosted 2/3/2013 11:52:05 AM
Wasn't a cop out at all. The ending was all but explicitly spelled out to you throughout the course of the game, and that's not even going into developer comments going back for over a year before AC3 was released.

Could it have been executed better? Absolutely. But it did literally everything that it set out to do.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#18Reaper_ExEPosted 2/3/2013 5:12:51 PM
Your just late to the party TC
---
"I fight.... FOR THE USERS!"
PSN = Ace_ExE85
#19GreenKnight127Posted 2/3/2013 7:47:05 PM(edited)
Personally, I cannot believe they didn't push the Animus to its limit and take Desmond all the way back to his "first" ancestor: Adam.

In AC2, they heavily hinted at eventually getting to run around that futuristic city of the past.

In "The Truth" video, they were parkouring similar to how Desmond parkours.

I thought for sure the climax to this game would involve going alllllll the way back to witness something crucial that Adam and Eve did.

That would have been amazing.

To run around that city during its peak.

I simply cannot believe they didn't take advantage of that opportunity.

Technically, Biblically, Adam and Eve are everyone's ancestors. The First. The Animus could technically take Desmond into the genetic memories of Adam.

Technically.

"Technically".

That would have made for a much better climax than the whole "Oooooo, Juno is baaaad!" ambiguous ending.

---
Cheetah Yee-HT Skip-OT no tso-p tsum ooh sen-o eht era s11ort Tenner-ettni laer eht.
#20bobbyrkPosted 2/3/2013 8:06:13 PM
GreenKnight127 posted...
Personally, I cannot believe they didn't push the Animus to its limit and take Desmond all the way back to his "first" ancestor: Adam.

In AC2, they heavily hinted at eventually getting to run around that futuristic city of the past.

In "The Truth" video, they were parkouring similar to how Desmond parkours.

I thought for sure the climax to this game would involve going alllllll the way back to witness something crucial that Adam and Eve did.

That would have been amazing.

To run around that city during its peak.

I simply cannot believe they didn't take advantage of that opportunity.

Technically, Biblically, Adam and Eve are everyone's ancestors. The First. The Animus could technically take Desmond into the genetic memories of Adam.

Technically.

"Technically".

That would have made for a much better climax than the whole "Oooooo, Juno is baaaad!" ambiguous ending.

Actually, Adam and Eve aren't everyone's ancestors in the AC lore.

Also, I don't exactly think that just taking a jaunt into Eden would have made an effective climax all by itself, and besides, they clearly didn't have a bunch of time to waste (well, they did, but that was all Juno's fault). And Shaun DID mention that he wanted to "dial it all the way back to the time of the First Civilization, once we're done here."

Besides, it's not like Juno's badness came out of nowhere. It's pretty explicitly spelled out to you throughout the game.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.