SPOILERS Why is there no ending backlash like Mass Effect 3 had?

#21GreenKnight127Posted 2/3/2013 8:28:00 PM
bobbyrk posted...
GreenKnight127 posted...
Personally, I cannot believe they didn't push the Animus to its limit and take Desmond all the way back to his "first" ancestor: Adam.

In AC2, they heavily hinted at eventually getting to run around that futuristic city of the past.

In "The Truth" video, they were parkouring similar to how Desmond parkours.

I thought for sure the climax to this game would involve going alllllll the way back to witness something crucial that Adam and Eve did.

That would have been amazing.

To run around that city during its peak.

I simply cannot believe they didn't take advantage of that opportunity.

Technically, Biblically, Adam and Eve are everyone's ancestors. The First. The Animus could technically take Desmond into the genetic memories of Adam.

Technically.

"Technically".

That would have made for a much better climax than the whole "Oooooo, Juno is baaaad!" ambiguous ending.

Actually, Adam and Eve aren't everyone's ancestors in the AC lore.

Also, I don't exactly think that just taking a jaunt into Eden would have made an effective climax all by itself, and besides, they clearly didn't have a bunch of time to waste (well, they did, but that was all Juno's fault). And Shaun DID mention that he wanted to "dial it all the way back to the time of the First Civilization, once we're done here."

Besides, it's not like Juno's badness came out of nowhere. It's pretty explicitly spelled out to you throughout the game.

But they could have found some ancestor to get him there.

Just appearing in that city and being able to walk around would have made for an amazing end sequence. End level. Climax.

Juno walkin' out of the joint after you died DID feel like the middle finger to me. I agree with the TC.

"The Truth" video waaaaay back from AC2 had my mind reeling about how they could end this series. And they didn't do it at all the way I had hoped.

What's ACIV gunna do? Take place during WW2?

It's just dried up at this point. And they didn't satisfy. They just milked the franchise and gave us an abrupt, empty, cliffhanger ending.

It's like companies don't even try anymore.
---
Cheetah Yee-HT Skip-OT no tso-p tsum ooh sen-o eht era s11ort Tenner-ettni laer eht.
#22bobbyrkPosted 2/3/2013 8:55:34 PM
GreenKnight127 posted...
bobbyrk posted...
GreenKnight127 posted...
Personally, I cannot believe they didn't push the Animus to its limit and take Desmond all the way back to his "first" ancestor: Adam.

In AC2, they heavily hinted at eventually getting to run around that futuristic city of the past.

I thought for sure the climax to this game would involve going alllllll the way back to witness something crucial that Adam and Eve did.

Technically, Biblically, Adam and Eve are everyone's ancestors. The First. The Animus could technically take Desmond into the genetic memories of Adam.

Technically.

"Technically".

That would have made for a much better climax than the whole "Oooooo, Juno is baaaad!" ambiguous ending.

Also, I don't exactly think that just taking a jaunt into Eden would have made an effective climax all by itself, and besides, they clearly didn't have a bunch of time to waste (well, they did, but that was all Juno's fault). And Shaun DID mention that he wanted to "dial it all the way back to the time of the First Civilization, once we're done here."

Besides, it's not like Juno's badness came out of nowhere. It's pretty explicitly spelled out to you throughout the game.

Just appearing in that city and being able to walk around would have made for an amazing end sequence. End level. Climax.

Juno walkin' out of the joint after you died DID feel like the middle finger to me. I agree with the TC.

"The Truth" video waaaaay back from AC2 had my mind reeling about how they could end this series. And they didn't do it at all the way I had hoped.

It's just dried up at this point. And they didn't satisfy. They just milked the franchise and gave us an abrupt, empty, cliffhanger ending.

It could have been good doing that, I agree. But just walking around does not make a good climax (and yes, I am well aware that AC3's ending was less than great).

But their priorities weren't to go back all the way to Eden. Their priority was to find the key and do whatever it takes to stop the solar flares. And you know what? That's exactly what they did.

And no, they aren't ever going to do WWII. They've stated that repeatedly - they're not going to do any settings that have been widely done in video games before.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#23GreenKnight127Posted 2/3/2013 10:42:50 PM
bobbyrk posted...
GreenKnight127 posted...
bobbyrk posted...
GreenKnight127 posted...

Technically.

"Technically".

It could have been good doing that, I agree. But just walking around does not make a good climax (and yes, I am well aware that AC3's ending was less than great).

But their priorities weren't to go back all the way to Eden. Their priority was to find the key and do whatever it takes to stop the solar flares. And you know what? That's exactly what they did.

And no, they aren't ever going to do WWII. They've stated that repeatedly - they're not going to do any settings that have been widely done in video games before.

Oh I'm sure they could have come up with some exciting chase sequence in that city. Going all parkour crazy and avoiding the godlike entities like in The Truth video.

It would have been incredible.

And you know a war not many video games have ever tapped into? Vietnam.

With the assassin's eagle vision....spotting Charlie in da trees will be much easier!!!
---
Cheetah Yee-HT Skip-OT no tso-p tsum ooh sen-o eht era s11ort Tenner-ettni laer eht.
#24HagielPosted 2/4/2013 12:40:36 AM
GreenKnight127 posted...

With the assassin's eagle vision....spotting Charlie in da trees will be much easier!!!

I googled it and in a forum they came up with 9 Vietnam games immediately....

I hope they go back in time again. A few years ago they said that it needn't always go forward in time. The only thing they said should not be done is going before Altair
---
It's so much easier to see the world in black and white. Gray? I don't know what to do with gray.
Garrus Vakarian
#25Sol4688Posted 2/4/2013 6:42:21 AM
... You know...

Am I the only person who thought AC took a VERY bad turn when they started involving aliens and end of the world conspiracies and all that junk??

If it was just about Assassins and Templars fighting over powerful artifacts, I would've been just fine.
---
PSN: CrimeRoyal
#26bobbyrkPosted 2/4/2013 6:57:02 AM
Sol4688 posted...
... You know...

Am I the only person who thought AC took a VERY bad turn when they started involving aliens and end of the world conspiracies and all that junk??

If it was just about Assassins and Templars fighting over powerful artifacts, I would've been just fine.

You do realize all that was in the first game, right?

And they aren't aliens.
---
#27GreenKnight127Posted 2/4/2013 9:45:09 AM
Hagiel posted...
GreenKnight127 posted...

I hope they go back in time again. A few years ago they said that it needn't always go forward in time. The only thing they said should not be done is going before Altair

And I'm sure they were 9 ridiculously unpopular Vietnam games that nobody has ever played.

LOL

I'm talking about a highly detailed, highly polished Vietnam game.

Of which there has NEVER been one made before.

It's the forgotten war.

World War 2 and the Cold War get all the attention.

Vietnam would make an educational, messy, humid jungle-murder adventure.
---
#28najzerePosted 2/4/2013 10:16:24 AM
Don't feel like reading this whole thread, and I'm sure it's already been said, but to answer the OP it's probably because not many people still cared about the story by the time AC3 rolled around.
---
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=najzere&platform=ps3
#29bobbyrkPosted 2/4/2013 11:00:47 AM
GreenKnight127 posted...
Hagiel posted...
GreenKnight127 posted...

And I'm sure they were 9 ridiculously unpopular Vietnam games that nobody has ever played.

LOL

I'm talking about a highly detailed, highly polished Vietnam game.

Of which there has NEVER been one made before.

It's the forgotten war.

World War 2 and the Cold War get all the attention.

Vietnam would make an educational, messy, humid jungle-murder adventure.

Battlefield Vietnam and CoD:Black Ops both were Vietnam. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 had a Vietnam expansion pack.
---
#30TyrealPosted 2/4/2013 2:30:15 PM
Wow, I wish I had known that this topic was going to be chock full of ME3 spoilers... thanks guys. I've only been waiting a few YEARS to get to play the ME trilogy on PS3.
Luckily I yanked my head away when the conversation shifted and hopefully only got one or two things ruined for me. Damn me and my fast reading abilities huh?
---
"Mr. T isn't black, the sun's just too afraid to shine on him" -- Penguin Dragoon
PSN/Steam= Podimus_Maximus // Battle.net= Beliel#1732