SPOILERS Why is there no ending backlash like Mass Effect 3 had?

#41TyrealPosted 2/4/2013 10:30:32 PM(edited)
PARAMYTAS posted...
CharpandaV1 posted...
Hagiel posted...
Perhaps too fast? The title is "SPOILERS Why is there no ending backlash like Mass Effect 3 had?"

It was clear that an in-depth comparision would follw, because you need to reinforce an argument with facts, how could ever assume otherwise???

Because it's the wrong board?

Nowhere up there does the TC indicate that spoilers for ME3 will follow. He/she is clearly indicating spoilers in regards to the ending that AC3 had, since that's the game being discussed here. ME3 is only being used as a comparison to AC3's ending based on the topic title alone.

Do also note that the TC ask what made the difference between the fan-reaction to AC3's ending and ME3's ending. Your first post clearly illustrated that difference without going into the finer details (i.e. the plot of ME3).

You brought in the plot points in a discussion you were having with a separate user that wasn't even the TC.

Now I'm not bashing you, far from it. I do this thing all the time. But do realize that other people don't want to be spoiled on other things. At least use the spoiler tags for specific plot points.

Negative sir. Anytime that any video game is listed in the topic under SPOILERS, there is a very high chance that paticular game or in this case games will be spoiled. If you do not believe what I just typed, you can show yourself to the GameFAQs policy on this and it will clearly explain to you the exact same thing. Do not blame the TC, he is not in the wrong with this.

It was never said he broke the rules, just common courtesy. I already knew this. Which is why nobody moved to report the thread, (Well, I didn't anyway.) it wasn't some grievous misconduct, just a "oops". Didn't think my original words would go this far, just tryin' to give you guys a little *** for a slip up, lol.
---
"Mr. T isn't black, the sun's just too afraid to shine on him" -- Penguin Dragoon
PSN/Steam= Podimus_Maximus // Battle.net= Beliel#1732
#42CharpandaV1Posted 2/4/2013 11:44:47 PM
PARAMYTAS posted...
CharpandaV1 posted...
Hagiel posted...
Perhaps too fast? The title is "SPOILERS Why is there no ending backlash like Mass Effect 3 had?"

It was clear that an in-depth comparision would follw, because you need to reinforce an argument with facts, how could ever assume otherwise???

Nowhere up there does the TC indicate that spoilers for ME3 will follow. He/she is clearly indicating spoilers in regards to the ending that AC3 had, since that's the game being discussed here. ME3 is only being used as a comparison to AC3's ending based on the topic title alone.

Do also note that the TC ask what made the difference between the fan-reaction to AC3's ending and ME3's ending. Your first post clearly illustrated that difference without going into the finer details (i.e. the plot of ME3).

You brought in the plot points in a discussion you were having with a separate user that wasn't even the TC.

Now I'm not bashing you, far from it. I do this thing all the time. But do realize that other people don't want to be spoiled on other things. At least use the spoiler tags for specific plot points.

Negative sir. Anytime that any video game is listed in the topic under SPOILERS, there is a very high chance that paticular game or in this case games will be spoiled. If you do not believe what I just typed, you can show yourself to the GameFAQs policy on this and it will clearly explain to you the exact same thing. Do not blame the TC, he is not in the wrong with this.

Point out to me where in my post did I accuse the TC of a wrongdoing and then you got yourself a valid argument my friend.
---
"...Pretty much boosting your boosting"-- DeliciousJello
Official Daniel Cross of the ACIII boards
#43najzerePosted 2/5/2013 3:38:17 AM
GreenKnight127 posted...
najzere posted...
A third of Smuggler's Run 2's missions were set in Vietnam.

Again....not an entire game.

REALLY? A third isn't an entire game? I'm shocked! This changes everything!
---
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=najzere&platform=ps3
#44PARAMYTASPosted 2/5/2013 7:28:07 AM
CharpandaV1 posted...
PARAMYTAS posted...
CharpandaV1 posted...
Hagiel posted...

Point out to me where in my post did I accuse the TC of a wrongdoing and then you got yourself a valid argument my friend.

I didn't accuse you of claiming the TC was doing wrongdoing. Only pointing out that you are wrong in thinking the way that you do about what the TC did.
---
It's not the games fault you have the attention span of a squirrel.
#45GreenKnight127Posted 2/5/2013 10:49:13 AM
najzere posted...
GreenKnight127 posted...
najzere posted...
A third of Smuggler's Run 2's missions were set in Vietnam.

Again....not an entire game.

REALLY? A third isn't an entire game? I'm shocked! This changes everything!

Hahahaha, it's okay dude. I forgive you.
---
Cheetah Yee-HT Skip-OT no tso-p tsum ooh sen-o eht era s11ort Tenner-ettni laer eht.
#46HagielPosted 2/5/2013 10:49:31 AM
Tyreal posted...
najzere posted...
How have you avoided ME3 spoilers this long?

The Force is strong with me.

CharpandaV1 posted...
Hagiel posted...

Yeah, pretty much. Didn't really have the time earlier to elaborate. Glad someone else saw my point, lol. Thanks!

Well I didn't use Spoiler tags because I still think it's clear as day thst both games would be spoilered. *shrugs*

But for what it's worth, I'm sorry Tyreal, I didn't want to spoiler you, the thought just never crossed my mind that the spoiler warning in the title of the thread could be interpreted in a different way than I immediatelly percieved it.
---
It's so much easier to see the world in black and white. Gray? I don't know what to do with gray.
Garrus Vakarian
#47andy3050Posted 2/5/2013 5:40:13 PM
to me it just seemed like they wanted to get rid of Desmonds story as they had never really put too much thought into it. he was supposed to be the main character but no one ever really accepted it and cared much for the modern story. which is a shame because i actually quite enjoyed it and was a little disappointed at how they ended it for him.

the ending i did like was very subtle, it was in the epilogue where Connor looks to be questioning whether the path he took was the right one (being told his land had been sold since the English had left, also at the docks when someone shouts death to the oppressors then he turns to look at slaves being sold on a stage)

i hope they can take connors story forward from here and also hope they can maybe create some assassins creed games free from the animus and just focus on old tales of assassins against templars
#48riddlebox89Posted 2/5/2013 6:49:10 PM
Dr_Kain posted...
The ending to this game utter crap. It was just as bad as the Mass Effect 3 cop out ending. Why does this game not have the fan outcry and demand for a new ending like ME3 got? What makes this game get a pass but it was not okay for ME3?

Because AC3's ending wasn't like ME3's ending, discussion over.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#49Peace___FrogPosted 2/9/2013 12:13:52 PM
the ending i did like was very subtle, it was in the epilogue where Connor looks to be questioning whether the path he took was the right one (being told his land had been sold since the English had left, also at the docks when someone shouts death to the oppressors then he turns to look at slaves being sold on a stage)

I also liked the epilogue, even though the present-day ending had me feeling a little pissed.
---
~Peaf~
"Later that day, I f***ed a panda." - PSO
#50king_zettaPosted 2/9/2013 3:34:19 PM
Because there was whole game backlash