I hate this game.

#31Reaper_ExEPosted 2/5/2013 7:00:18 PM(edited)
I always buy DLC for the games I buy, season passes, all DLC for ff13-2

U jelly?
---
"I fight.... FOR THE USERS!"
PSN = Ace_ExE85
#32CharpandaV1Posted 2/5/2013 7:31:28 PM
Reaper_ExE posted...

U jelly?

http://actuallyitisrocketscience.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/nuc-u-fffuuu2.jpg
---
"...Pretty much boosting your boosting"-- DeliciousJello
Official Daniel Cross of the ACIII boards
#33SmackemsPosted 2/5/2013 8:23:30 PM
Pootbird posted...
While I'm disappointed that the assassin order influence in America was "weak" and by that I mean
No dress code
No real power in America
Your not really even an assassin, just a Mohawk with assassin abilities.

Despite that the movement was definitely better and alot more fluid and smooth, I hated having to hold two buttons at once to run
The combat is alot less jerky and more difficult
The outfits in my opinion look alot better (no more annoying cape!)
Connor in my opinion was a well needed character for the franchise
I think they covered up the story quite nicely

And the multiplayer is alot better than revalations, but not so much in brotherhood (no prizes to guess why) in my opinion.

I can see you didn't like the game, but I cannot see why you hate it, it's a really fun game to play and was worth the 3 years of development, be glad ubisoft isn't like treyarch and release the same rubbish every year.

Treyarch releases a new CoD every two years. Infinity Ward releases them inbetween Treyarch's. At least Treyarch tries to vary things up a little, but IW makes poop with MW.

The assassin's order thing bothers me now that you point it out. Also, I thought the writing is utter crap in some instances.

TC, maybe you should set it on fire. Maybe that would make you feel better. To each their own, but I think it is a solid game. Not as good as II or Brotherhood, but better than I and Revelations.
---
Common sense is the most uncommon thing in the world-some dude.
#34Dlite83Posted 2/5/2013 8:32:16 PM
I would just suggest you give the game a break for a while and maybe you will give it another try...don't forget that it's a possibility ubisoft will do what they did with assassins creed 2...I read there will be assassins creed 3.1 and 3.2 ...and assassins creed IV will be on the new consoles...so just give it a break for a while...
#35EDarienPosted 2/5/2013 10:46:14 PM
Reaper_ExE posted...

U jelly?

Not at all. I save my money for games/content that's worth playing. I haven't touched an FF game since XII and frankly didn't get very far into it. Really FFIX is the last "true FF" that I'd say I really played. But even that one, something happened when I was toward the end. I don't remember what it was, but something precluded me from playing for a while so by the time I picked it up again I had no idea what was going and where I was supposed to go, so I lost interest and, regrettably, never finished it.

My dad loved X, but I couldn't stand it. The cutscenes were amazing. I remember I worked at an independent game store back then and we had a few guys play it on our TVs so we could see what it was like. Meh. Amazing graphics, etc. for the time, but the game itself just seemed to be change for the sake of, without actually innovating anything. I just couldn't get into it, so I forwent actually buying that one.

I got into XI for a little bit, couple months, tops. I had an older machine, though, at the time and none of my friends who said they were going to buy it actually did. So I ended up solo/PuG everything I played. And that was pretty close to release. Maybe they improved things, but PuGs back then were ... awkward, to say the least.

Also, I never touched any of the sequels/spin-offs of any of the games, excluding the Advent Children movie. Which was ok. I liked it, but could have been better. I guess what it boiled down to is that in the ending to the game, I'd always hoped that humanity was destroyed, deemed "unworthy" like the leader/scholar in Cosmo Canyon suggested was a possibility. So I guess that preference aside, I really did enjoy the movie. That said, I also never intend to play any of the spin-offs. Square used to make epics. Now it's all about the cash-grab. While I understand their position, I don't support it.

So no, I'm not jealous, or more accurately to what you're suggesting, I'm not envious that you have DLC that I never even heard of because I never bothered playing the base game. Nor am I envious that you decided to pay an extra amount of money on a game when all of that content should have been included at release.

When it comes to ol' George W. I'll stick to playing boccie in NY opposed to seeing his wild escapades in a "what-if" story that'll add what? Like 2-3 hours of gameplay? Absolutely not worth it.
---
Lali-ho!
#36Daniel_R_CPosted 2/6/2013 1:30:19 AM
EDarien posted...
Reaper_ExE posted...

U jelly?

Not at all. I save my money for games/content that's worth playing. I haven't touched an FF game since XII and frankly didn't get very far into it. Really FFIX is the last "true FF" that I'd say I really played. But even that one, something happened when I was toward the end. I don't remember what it was, but something precluded me from playing for a while so by the time I picked it up again I had no idea what was going and where I was supposed to go, so I lost interest and, regrettably, never finished it.

My dad loved X, but I couldn't stand it. The cutscenes were amazing. I remember I worked at an independent game store back then and we had a few guys play it on our TVs so we could see what it was like. Meh. Amazing graphics, etc. for the time, but the game itself just seemed to be change for the sake of, without actually innovating anything. I just couldn't get into it, so I forwent actually buying that one.

I got into XI for a little bit, couple months, tops. I had an older machine, though, at the time and none of my friends who said they were going to buy it actually did. So I ended up solo/PuG everything I played. And that was pretty close to release. Maybe they improved things, but PuGs back then were ... awkward, to say the least.

Also, I never touched any of the sequels/spin-offs of any of the games, excluding the Advent Children movie. Which was ok. I liked it, but could have been better. I guess what it boiled down to is that in the ending to the game, I'd always hoped that humanity was destroyed, deemed "unworthy" like the leader/scholar in Cosmo Canyon suggested was a possibility. So I guess that preference aside, I really did enjoy the movie. That said, I also never intend to play any of the spin-offs. Square used to make epics. Now it's all about the cash-grab. While I understand their position, I don't support it.

So no, I'm not jealous, or more accurately to what you're suggesting, I'm not envious that you have DLC that I never even heard of because I never bothered playing the base game. Nor am I envious that you decided to pay an extra amount of money on a game when all of that content should have been included at release.

When it comes to ol' George W. I'll stick to playing boccie in NY opposed to seeing his wild escapades in a "what-if" story that'll add what? Like 2-3 hours of gameplay? Absolutely not worth it.

Are you insane? Go buy X right now!
---
PSN: Daniel_R_C
#37Reaper_ExEPosted 2/6/2013 2:34:50 AM
Ff11 was the last true final fantasy, any argument after that point is m00t
---
PSN = Ace_ExE85
#38EDarienPosted 2/6/2013 6:05:05 AM
Daniel_R_C posted...
EDarien posted...
Reaper_ExE posted...

U jelly?

[My words, edited for space]

Are you insane? Go buy X right now!

Not gonna happen. If I ever really did want to play it, I'd have my old man mail me his copy. But I just don't. I liked the old FF job systems, and also the FF IV system (it was my first FF game, so it'll always be special to me for that). Materia was -awesome- and easily the best system by far. Unlike most I've talked to, I actually liked the Draw system w/ the summons/stats/drawing of magic. However, it wasn't as good as materia. IX went back to the FF IV system which was cool, except everyone felt rather generic despite their "special" abilities. Felt it could've been done better. *shrug* But like I said, I still really liked that game. X didn't do anything for me. And XI was online so it definitely was different.

Oh, the XII system, with the squares you bought ... ugh. That felt like a slightly better sphere grid, which I hated, so while I didn't hate the XII system, I really didn't like it. Though, Balthier did look pretty cool when he used a staff/rod weapon. It's the one that was supposed to be a "stick" from FF Tactics (easily my favorite FF of all, though not a "real" FF game).

Also, in reply to XI being the last true FF I would say firstly that I find that funny coming from the guy who liked XIII enough to get XIII-2 and all of its DLC. Second, opinion =/= fact. One could argue any number of points, among them being that the original was the last true FF game since it's "FINAL Fantasy", that whichever was the last one NES was the last true, that VI was the last true since it was the last cartridge and was clearly the most epic in scale, despite its lack of 3D graphics, etc. limited only by technology and not by story. The list can go on for just about every one down the line.

They're all Final Fantasy, but they've changed their system so drastically each time, since VII onward, that it's begun to alienate its original playerbase. I get it, it's around a while and a lot of us have grown up/changed ... but still. Maintaining some semblance of what made FF great would've been nice. I feel they just haven't done that since XI.

/Personal opinion.
---
Lali-ho!
#39Reaper_ExEPosted 2/6/2013 7:04:30 AM
When you compare how much money ff11 has made SE in its 12 year lifespan, clearly, the numbers speak for themselves... it being an MMO pay2play, is m00t point, if it wasn't any good, people wouldn't have spent over 600k years comulative game time playing it.... its story is one of the best written, since like FFT
---
PSN = Ace_ExE85
#40EDarienPosted 2/6/2013 8:45:21 AM
Reaper_ExE posted...
When you compare how much money ff11 has made SE in its 12 year lifespan, clearly, the numbers speak for themselves... it being an MMO pay2play, is m00t point, if it wasn't any good, people wouldn't have spent over 600k years comulative game time playing it.... its story is one of the best written, since like FFT

Was the story really good? I should look into it, maybe on a wiki or something. FFT's story was, indeed, one of the best in the series. Especially post-1997 (FFVII and onward). Though, I did like aspects of the XII story, especially focusing more on the world, less on the characters who were more just a "vessel" and less important individually ... like I said, I didn't like the way it played too much, though. I might try starting it over, though, one day. We'll see.
---
Lali-ho!