I originally thought AC1 was hated so much it was the DMC2 of Assassin's Creed

#1Bloodlines1191Posted 2/5/2013 12:59:17 PM
It never happened. Your sense of history is wrong. - Results (140 votes)
Assassin's Creed 1 is Devil May Cry 2/The Crusades happened?
15% (21 votes)
Assassin's Creed 3 is Devil May Cry 2/I remember no Connor or Aveline
20% (28 votes)
Both/I am typing this before my tutor arrives here in Firenze
5.71% (8 votes)
Neither
59.29% (83 votes)
This poll is now closed.
But now with AC3, the hate is just....brutal. Which do you think people would say never happened? Assassin's Creed 1 or Assassin's Creed 3?

This is not a troll topic. It's fact (sadly). The boards say so even on the 360 side.
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#2kalos990Posted 2/5/2013 1:06:24 PM
I loved AC 1, it was brilliant at the time, but this game...ugh
---
PSN: Kalos999
Metal: Turn it up, or turn it off
#3AshenSkyPosted 2/5/2013 1:12:15 PM
I'm fine with 1 & 3. Neither match the greatness of 2, but on their own are decent enough games (I do prefer 1 over 3 though).
#4najzerePosted 2/5/2013 1:19:09 PM
I think AC3 is clearly the weakest of the series, but it's not bad enough to pretend it never happened. And AC1 was great, I think most of its detractors are judging it against AC2, not on its own merits.
---
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=najzere&platform=ps3
#5SmashwarlocksPosted 2/5/2013 1:54:51 PM
The Ezio trilogy is just so nice.
---
Score update. George Lucas 4 Basement Dwellers 0.
#6lamMelvinPosted 2/5/2013 6:17:24 PM(edited)
I always thought the DMC series was best compared to MGS. Lot's of similarities actually. Both involve twin brothers, both of the third games are a prequel, both fourth games are on the PS3, and both games had (In most people's opinion) bad second games, DMC for just... standing there and shooting your guns and insta win, and MGS for Raiden. AC1 on the other hand, was never really hated that much as far as I know, but people didn't like how repetitive it was. I thought it was marvelous though. This game was, in a way, a stepback in my opinion though. So i'm not sure really, as I know not everyone feels the same as me.
---
Such perfect Symmetry! You are amazing! Hey, no. You make me sick, get away!
#7c0sa n0straPosted 2/6/2013 1:17:09 AM
Neither, I don't see the deal with the AC3 hatred, I loved every minute.
#8Sol4688Posted 2/6/2013 4:46:40 AM
AC2 had that perfect balance of main story content to side mission content. In AC1, if you weren't killing your target, then everything you were doing was setting up your next kill target. Whereas with the other AC games after 2, I think that balance is going a little lopsided to where the side content is take prevalence over the main story.
---
PSN: CrimeRoyal
#9zenandiPosted 2/6/2013 4:51:07 AM
You didn't understand how bad DMC 2 was if you equated that with either AC 1 or 3.

As far as I'm concerned, I'd sooner pick up DmC (and I haven't...) than play DMC 2 ever again.
#10MyMentorSnakePosted 2/6/2013 10:53:07 AM
lamMelvin posted...
I always thought the DMC series was best compared to MGS. Lot's of similarities actually. Both involve twin brothers, both of the third games are a prequel, both fourth games are on the PS3, and both games had (In most people's opinion) bad second games, DMC for just... standing there and shooting your guns and insta win, and MGS for Raiden. AC1 on the other hand, was never really hated that much as far as I know, but people didn't like how repetitive it was. I thought it was marvelous though. This game was, in a way, a stepback in my opinion though. So i'm not sure really, as I know not everyone feels the same as me.

Snake: Hey Dante, whats your mother name?
Dante: Eva
Snake: !!!!!!!!
---
"We are not tools of the government............ we are ASSASSINS"
The Official Assassin Tomahawk of the AC III Board