Do I have to play the sequels to understand this one?

#1D_I3igI3ossPosted 2/6/2013 11:57:11 PM
I know this is one of the most hated questions around because it's silly starting a game mid-series, but I tried playing the first, and was ridiculously bored at the combat, so my friend said to just skip to this one. I looked around wiki, and this one has a completely different character from the games in the series, so I wanted to know if it was mandatory to play the rest before this one. And if it is, can someone give me a quick summary on what to know, just a few bullet points or whatever would suffice.
#2dotsnackerPosted 2/7/2013 12:02:30 AM(edited)
Read summary of AC1, then buy the Ezio Trilogy(includes AC2, ACB, and ACR... which are the order the games came out in). AC1's story is decent enough, but as you said, other things make it boring. AC2 and on are much better.

Besides, the story in these games continue from one to the next, so it's a good idea to play them in order if possible.
---
Brawl FC - 2019-9629-5331
#3najzerePosted 2/7/2013 8:37:55 AM
The story is unintelligible no matter how many AC games you play, don't worry about it.
---
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=najzere&platform=ps3
#4KazuoMitarashiPosted 2/7/2013 8:51:04 AM
1. This game has no sequels. Only prequels.

2. The AC games have very little relation to each other story wise outside of Desmond. This is mostly because Altair, Ezio, and Connor live so many years apart from each other. Even still, the Ezio games hardly have any relation. He's just older in each one. If you plan to understand Desmond's story though, yeah, you'll want to play them all. Otherwise, they're fine as stand alone games.
---
PSN: KazuoMitarashi / Currently Playing:
AC3 (4th Prestige), Borderlands 2 (Siren), DmC, SSBB, Zelda, Halo 4, and FE: Awakening
#5DemonReacherPosted 2/7/2013 11:06:21 PM
Mate dont even get ouf of bed anymore, its just not worth it.
---
MGS3 Ghost Run: Foxhound Rank: Official Ghost Runner of MGS
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4D335DDB9C9BAEDD&feature=plcp
#6EricCraptonPosted 2/8/2013 10:01:17 AM
najzere posted...
The story is unintelligible no matter how many AC games you play, don't worry about it.

Pretty much. The series just becomes a bigger mess with each passing game and the writes are clearly waaaayyyy out of their league when it comes to trying to write a cohesive overarching plot.
---
Terrible, take a lap.
#7zenandiPosted 2/8/2013 10:07:48 AM
It's a bit like LOST.

Even if you watched the whole dang thing, you still wouldn't have a clue.
#8xXsabbathXxPosted 2/8/2013 2:22:35 PM
There is a small summary of the past games at the very beginning you start this game.

It should be good enough.
#9ajmrowland1Posted 2/8/2013 3:29:16 PM
najzere posted...

Not really. Unless you're just counting connor's side, the story connects well to the other games and I have no problem with it.

Even the ending is intelligible with a little insight.
#10D_I3igI3oss(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 2:45:50 PM
Thanks chaps!! Time to play ACIII, hopefully the gameplay is better than the first.