Perhaps I skipped something without realizing.. (major spoilers)

#1Skull007o_OPosted 2/8/2013 11:09:39 AM
What happened with the whole "find Eve" stuff that we were told during Brotherhood? there's so much stuff that seemed off to me in this game, that I don't even know if they're going to clarify this in the next installments or not (btw I've never played Liberation)

As for the game itself... don't really know, Ive just finished it and it left me quite a bittersweet taste in my mouth... the only thing that was objectively GOOD for me was the graphics, and maybe some non-plot related elements like ship battles and the whole flora/fauna. As for the story, at least IMO, it was... hollow... Connor was far from being properly developed, and it was like the story was never given the importance it deserved.

And well... the ending... it was OK, I guess... but again, it feels like all the hard work your ancestors did in the previous games was worthless, their stories were truly epic, and the secrets that were passed on seemed pointless at the end (not to mention abstergo's fall, which was quite lame... they could've done that much earlier)

No glyphs or secrets either. I know it may be hard to replicate all those puzzles and keep the same aura of mystery that AC2 and Brotherhood had, but IMO, that was the most interesting part the previous games had. 16's messages were very intriguing, and, unless I skipped some DLCs or information in AC:L, I guess they never clarified some of 16's lines (such as that whole eve thing, or "find me in the darkness")

It really saddens me to say this, but I wish I hadn't played AC3. Don't get me wrong, the game is great, and still better than the garbage released nowadays, but so far, the story is kinda ruined for me

Anyway, back to my original question (I went on and on with my whining >.>) do they ever clarify the whole 'Eve' thing?

Sorry for any grammar mistakes (I'm sure there must be a lot :d ) this isn't my native language
#2CharpandaV1Posted 2/8/2013 11:13:48 AM
Is it clarified? No.

However,"Eve" hasn't been dropped. It's touched upon again in Liberation
---
"...Pretty much boosting your boosting"-- DeliciousJello
Official Daniel Cross of the ACIII boards
#3zenandiPosted 2/8/2013 11:17:01 AM
CharpandaV1 posted...
Is it clarified? No.

Main plot point in a main game gets 'mentioned' in whatever-the-F Liberation is.

I hope I'm not alone in being disgusted.
#4najzerePosted 2/8/2013 11:29:05 AM
zenandi posted...

Nope.
---
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=najzere&platform=ps3
#5VenomSnakePosted 2/8/2013 1:34:29 PM
I think they forgot about a lot of the stuff from the previous games while writing this. They also forgot how to write a coherent story that wasn't terrible.
---
Eric (formerly er51 & er51 is back)
GameFAQs. It's like an RPG with levels and trolls and everything. - Aquatakat on DOS/Windows General
#6CharpandaV1Posted 2/8/2013 2:28:17 PM
zenandi posted...
CharpandaV1 posted...
Is it clarified? No.

Main plot point in a main game gets 'mentioned' in whatever-the-F Liberation is.

Well what else did you expect?

Ubisoft stopped caring for Desmond, and it was his story that contained the Eve plot point.
---
#7Bloodlines1191Posted 2/8/2013 2:31:01 PM
CharpandaV1 posted...
zenandi posted...
CharpandaV1 posted...
Is it clarified? No.

Well what else did you expect?

Ubisoft stopped caring for Desmond, and it was his story that contained the Eve plot point.

Probably because we hated Desmond. Don't deny it.
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#8Skull007o_O(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 2:40:30 PM
Guys, can you tell me what did they say about Eve in Liberation? it's not like I'll be getting a vita ever, so...

BTW, Desmond was meh... but it's not like I hate him. Actually, I wouldn't mind another game starring him again, because seeing him gathering information in the present is pretty much a routine when playing AC games
#9CharpandaV1Posted 2/8/2013 2:50:24 PM
Bloodlines1191 posted...
Probably because we hated Desmond. Don't deny it.

I actually liked Desmond, thank you very much. And the poll I made about Desmond being important to the story before this game was released showed that people also cared for him. Or at least his contribution to the story.

Skull007o_O posted...
Guys, can you tell me what did they say about Eve in Liberation? it's not like I'll be getting a vita ever, so...

BTW, Desmond was meh... but it's not like I hate him. Actually, I wouldn't mind another game starring him again, because seeing him gathering information in the present is pretty much a routine when playing AC games

There's a wiki with all your needs. My phone doesn't like it though, so I can't link you to it.
---
#10ajmrowland1Posted 2/8/2013 4:38:58 PM
zenandi posted...
CharpandaV1 posted...
Is it clarified? No.

Liberation may be a side game but it's not nearly as s****y as the other portable ones.

But I never really considered eve to be a main plot point. It should've been mentioned a couple more times for sure, but only enough to make the transition from "adam" to "eve" more natural. didnt have to be treated as the main goal.