is this era already finished? NO SPOILERS

#1ToastyAnakinPosted 2/9/2013 8:26:16 AM
I haven't played ACIII for more than 5 minutes so no spoilers.

But I was expecting the revolutionary/pre USA to be around for more than one ps3 game and a vita title.....

Was this game truly not received well?
---
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)
#2bobbyrkPosted 2/9/2013 8:58:15 AM
I don't think it's the era as much as the hero. They said around launch time that more sequels with Connor would depend on his reception.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#3Blaze21Posted 2/9/2013 10:06:50 AM
It's a shame really. After having spent so much time with Ezio, it would have been nice to get at least 1 other game with Connor. Many of the flaws he has I believe stems more from poor storytelling then the character himself. It would have been nice to have his character flushed out more.

Hopefully this same thing won't happen with the new ancestor.
---
I found that highly offensive
Official Aveline de Grandpre of the ACIII boards
#4bobbyrkPosted 2/9/2013 10:15:12 AM
Blaze21 posted...
It's a shame really. After having spent so much time with Ezio, it would have been nice to get at least 1 other game with Connor. Many of the flaws he has I believe stems more from poor storytelling then the character himself. It would have been nice to have his character flushed out more.

I agree with that. They seemed to have some problems in the development, and ended up cutting out a lot of stuff that would have benefited his characterization, and ended up making the storyline seem very disjointed in the process.

They seem to have a bit of trouble with their antagonists. Ezio was an overcompensation for the perceived faults of Altair's character in AC1, then Connor was an overcompensation for having Ezio be too flamboyant. I can only imagine whoever the next Ancestor will be will probably be similar in attitude to Ezio.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#5teddifiedPosted 2/9/2013 10:18:36 AM
There is a possibility of him coming back, all we know is that the next game wont be about him.

So whether a movie or a future game comes out eventually we have no real way of knowing until we're given an announcement really.

I doubt they'll end his story here without some sort of epilogue whether the DLC somehow handles that(I doubt that). Or some comic/book/movie/game, or something eventually comes out I dunno but I think something will.
---
The Terror of Death.....
PSN - Teddified
#6SlipSkullPosted 2/9/2013 1:25:02 PM
The only thing that really caused Connor to be such an uncertain character was more of the fact that 3 games earlier we're sticking with the same character.
All that character development and then we jump to a new lead assassin but it was done too quickly, not enough time and deadlines to meet to really flush out a new character.

And so we end up with these chopped piece of his life and a kind of disassociation with him compared to following Ezio's entire life and even death if you watch AC: Embers.
With Connor there's more of a rushing the story along so we can get to Desmond's conclusion, and even then the entirety of the story was rushed.

Money and deadlines destroy a story and character building.
---
Panda Pounce!
PSN: Rhaazerus
#7MEFreak1984Posted 2/9/2013 5:22:48 PM
Blaze21 posted...

I agree with you there. At first I didn't care for Ezio, but as the game went on, I got pulled in more and more. I think Ubisoft may have gotten in over their heads with ACIII, and the revolutionary war. One of those things where there is alot going on in such a short amount of time. A whole game could have been done with Haytham (Which alot of people would have loved. : )
---
PSN ID: BladeGash
"Friends Don't Let Friends Drink Starbucks"
#8MEFreak1984Posted 2/9/2013 5:25:10 PM
ToastyAnakin posted...

But I was expecting the revolutionary/pre USA to be around for more than one ps3 game and a vita title.....

AC4 will most likely be set during the Civil War btw.
---
PSN ID: BladeGash
"Friends Don't Let Friends Drink Starbucks"
#9zack125Posted 2/9/2013 6:44:12 PM
MEFreak1984 posted...
ToastyAnakin posted...

Based on what?
---
He that respects not is not respected
#10Blaze21Posted 2/9/2013 7:15:09 PM
zack125 posted...
MEFreak1984 posted...

Based on what?

Well he put it on the internet. That makes it obviously true without proof.
---
I found that highly offensive
Official Aveline de Grandpre of the ACIII boards