is this era already finished? NO SPOILERS

#11oDayumPosted 2/9/2013 8:34:13 PM
I would like to have the game end at 3, but Ubisoft wants to make 30 games out of this title.

Look at it this way, three is a significant number is the Illuminati/ Templar's ideals.

But, if they insist on making more sequels, I want one based on feudal Japan( Samurai vs Ninja), and one of them to be Blood vs Crip. Like there is a misunderstood relation between them, and that something runs deep behind the colors....
#12teddifiedPosted 2/10/2013 3:28:48 AM
MEFreak1984 posted...
Blaze21 posted...
It's a shame really. After having spent so much time with Ezio, it would have been nice to get at least 1 other game with Connor. Many of the flaws he has I believe stems more from poor storytelling then the character himself. It would have been nice to have his character flushed out more.

Hopefully this same thing won't happen with the new ancestor.

I agree with you there. At first I didn't care for Ezio, but as the game went on, I got pulled in more and more. I think Ubisoft may have gotten in over their heads with ACIII, and the revolutionary war. One of those things where there is alot going on in such a short amount of time. A whole game could have been done with Haytham (Which alot of people would have loved. : )

That wouldn't have been a bad Idea, AC3 with Haytham and AC3.5 with Connor would have given them a lot more time to flesh out the characters. Show why Haytham Defectected and so on. Or make AC3 all Connor. while AC3.5 be all Haytham just to keep it "pure" assassin.

But it's too late for stuff like that, it's hard to say when they planned the next Assassin but it was probably during AC3.
So it's not Impossible that we don't come back to Conner/ the Era. Unlike Altair and Ezio who were given closure pretty much.

I'd think he's got somewhat enough positive feedback to come back eventually which is probably what they hinted at in one of their statements. I'm under the impression they were planning on doing a new one this year anyway and if Connor war popular enough they'd bring him back another year.
---
The Terror of Death.....
PSN - Teddified
#13MEFreak1984Posted 2/10/2013 7:16:22 AM
Blaze21 posted...
zack125 posted...
MEFreak1984 posted...
AC4 will most likely be set during the Civil War btw.

Based on what?

Well he put it on the internet. That makes it obviously true without proof.

Yes, because someone's OPINION has no place on the internet. Obvious Troll.
---
PSN ID: BladeGash
"Friends Don't Let Friends Drink Starbucks"
#14MEFreak1984Posted 2/10/2013 7:18:51 AM
teddified posted...
MEFreak1984 posted...
Blaze21 posted...
It's a shame really. After having spent so much time with Ezio, it would have been nice to get at least 1 other game with Connor. Many of the flaws he has I believe stems more from poor storytelling then the character himself. It would have been nice to have his character flushed out more.

Hopefully this same thing won't happen with the new ancestor.

I agree with you there. At first I didn't care for Ezio, but as the game went on, I got pulled in more and more. I think Ubisoft may have gotten in over their heads with ACIII, and the revolutionary war. One of those things where there is alot going on in such a short amount of time. A whole game could have been done with Haytham (Which alot of people would have loved. : )

That wouldn't have been a bad Idea, AC3 with Haytham and AC3.5 with Connor would have given them a lot more time to flesh out the characters. Show why Haytham Defectected and so on. Or make AC3 all Connor. while AC3.5 be all Haytham just to keep it "pure" assassin.

But it's too late for stuff like that, it's hard to say when they planned the next Assassin but it was probably during AC3.
So it's not Impossible that we don't come back to Conner/ the Era. Unlike Altair and Ezio who were given closure pretty much.

I'd think he's got somewhat enough positive feedback to come back eventually which is probably what they hinted at in one of their statements. I'm under the impression they were planning on doing a new one this year anyway and if Connor war popular enough they'd bring him back another year.

They didn't really seem bothered by the fact that Haytham defected either. Oh yeah, he was a member of the brotherhood, but changed sides. That just seemed like bad storytelling on the part of Ubisoft.
---
PSN ID: BladeGash
"Friends Don't Let Friends Drink Starbucks"
#15Blaze21Posted 2/10/2013 9:14:12 AM
MEFreak1984 posted...
Blaze21 posted...
zack125 posted...
MEFreak1984 posted...
AC4 will most likely be set during the Civil War btw.

Based on what?

Well he put it on the internet. That makes it obviously true without proof.

Yes, because someone's OPINION has no place on the internet. Obvious Troll.

In what part of your original statement did you say "i think" or "imo" or "I hope", etc that would make it clear to everyone that you were giving your opinion?

So what you're saying is that you're the one trolling, correct? And that it should have been obvious to us? My apologies. Please continue with your trolling. :)
---
I found that highly offensive
Official Aveline de Grandpre of the ACIII boards
#16Lioyd_the_heroPosted 2/10/2013 11:49:46 AM
The story is more about the chracters than the era (revolutionary war) as for desmond his story is much better than in past games but it just ends oddly.

Not bad just in a way that doesn't explain enough
---
PSN howling_red
#17ToastyAnakin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 1:32:56 PM
I care more about the era than the character. You guys keep saying Connor is bland so...

I hope for at least ONE more Revolutionary/early america game.

We have III, Liberation.

Renaissance got II,BH and RV
---
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)
#18teddifiedPosted 2/11/2013 4:52:41 PM
ToastyAnakin posted...
I care more about the era than the character. You guys keep saying Connor is bland so...

I hope for at least ONE more Revolutionary/early america game.

We have III, Liberation.

Renaissance got II,BH and RV

Actually Ezio got a DS game too. So 4 games for the Renaissance.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_II:_Discovery

If you're counting Liberation as a Revolutionary game.
---
The Terror of Death.....
PSN - Teddified
#19ToastyAnakin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 5:24:35 PM
i don't count DS games. If it was in 3D then maybe
---
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)
#20CharpandaV1Posted 2/11/2013 5:30:20 PM
ToastyAnakin posted...
i don't count DS games. If it was in 3D then maybe

Well they're still cannon to the story, so they should be included.
---
"...Pretty much boosting your boosting"-- DeliciousJello
Official Daniel Cross of the ACIII boards