is this era already finished? NO SPOILERS

#21ToastyAnakin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 6:54:58 PM
are they actually good?
---
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)
#22CharpandaV1Posted 2/11/2013 6:56:34 PM
ToastyAnakin posted...
are they actually good?

I've only played "Altair's Chronicles" and I thought it was an all right play.

It isn't, however, something I would keep in my collection.
---
"...Pretty much boosting your boosting"-- DeliciousJello
Official Daniel Cross of the ACIII boards
#23bobbyrkPosted 2/11/2013 7:16:44 PM
ToastyAnakin posted...
are they actually good?

Altair's Chronicles is... okay. It's fugly as hell on the DS, though I heard the iDevice version is a little bit better looking. Chronologically, it takes place about a year or so before the events of AC1.

Discovery is like... a slower Sonic the Hedgehog. I never beat it, though the gameplay is alright if a bit frustrating at times. It takes place during that ten year gap in AC2.

Never played the PSP/Vita games, so I can't comment on their quality from firsthand experience. Most of what I've heard is that they're just "okay" as well.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#24delta_12Posted 2/12/2013 6:59:16 AM
SlipSkull posted...

Money and deadlines destroy a story and character building.

agreed.
sigh...
what a shame ubisoft.
#25teddifiedPosted 2/12/2013 7:07:25 AM
delta_12 posted...
SlipSkull posted...

agreed.
sigh...
what a shame ubisoft.

Moreso then that I think the Revolutionary war and them wanting to put all the historic figures/battles in, who kinda just fade away.

I Think they just focused more on the history or the hmmmm "drama?" maybe of being at these historic events that we didn't get enough development of the characters. Or a set of characters around Connor besides maybe the Homestead missions which were optional anyway.
---
The Terror of Death.....
PSN - Teddified
#26delta_12Posted 2/12/2013 7:27:31 AM
teddified posted...
delta_12 posted...
SlipSkull posted...

agreed.
sigh...
what a shame ubisoft.

Moreso then that I think the Revolutionary war and them wanting to put all the historic figures/battles in, who kinda just fade away.

I Think they just focused more on the history or the hmmmm "drama?" maybe of being at these historic events that we didn't get enough development of the characters. Or a set of characters around Connor besides maybe the Homestead missions which were optional anyway.

Yeah. maybe.
Also The development team juggling to much for tight schedule imo. I personally wouldn't mind to wait a couple more months so they can wrap it up nicely.
#27Firaxis5050Posted 2/14/2013 11:57:08 AM
ToastyAnakin posted...
I care more about the era than the character. You guys keep saying Connor is bland so...

I hope for at least ONE more Revolutionary/early america game.

We have III, Liberation.

Renaissance got II,BH and RV

A revolutionary-period next game where we travel across the Atlantic to late 1700's London would be pretty awesome.
---
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear- not the absence of it." - Mark Twain
PSN ID: F33R_K1LL5
#28Bloodlines1191Posted 2/14/2013 12:21:04 PM
bobbyrk posted...
ToastyAnakin posted...
are they actually good?

Altair's Chronicles is... okay. It's fugly as hell on the DS, though I heard the iDevice version is a little bit better looking. Chronologically, it takes place about a year or so before the events of AC1.

Discovery is like... a slower Sonic the Hedgehog. I never beat it, though the gameplay is alright if a bit frustrating at times. It takes place during that ten year gap in AC2.

Never played the PSP/Vita games, so I can't comment on their quality from firsthand experience. Most of what I've heard is that they're just "okay" as well.

I hated how they took away your map in the final mission of Discovery. I kept getting lost so I got a low Sync. >_>
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#29GLADI_ATORPosted 2/14/2013 7:45:27 PM
they really rushed this time period and it really hurt the game/story/characters, but they DID rush the game a bit. I still think the game is good, but part of the reason ACII was better is that the story wasn't rushed (yeah it took place over like 30 years or something, but it still flowed better). They could have made this a two part game first half focusing on pre-revolution to the beginning of war and second half focusing on the war and its aftermath. I was a history major in college and this is one of my favorite periods, but i was a little disappointed how it was represented. Everything was rushed along, One moment your at the Boston Massacre and the next your at montmouth than valley forge. It didn't flow as well as the last games and the battles in the game were nothing like we saw in the trailer.
---
official grand master assassin of everywhere of ACIII boards