How do i build up my homestead?

#1xmenPosted 2/11/2013 7:04:36 AM
i did the homestead missions and got the lumberers and the hunter and gardeners etc.

But when i go to them on the map nothing happens.

There was a tutorial where u get a convoy to sell some timber.
But when i tried to do that again, there was no convoy available so i couldnt trade anything.

How do ppl build your homestead?
How do i buy paintings to hang on the wall like in AC 2?
#2VenomSnakePosted 2/11/2013 7:20:17 AM
You probably need to craft a convoy before you can trade anything. You can't really do much by approaching the homestead residents in the main game, pretty much everything is done though the crafting menu that is accessed through the book in the homestead or in shops in cities. The crafting and trading system in this game is quite complex so I'd refer to any of the several very good FAQs on this site for more details.
---
Eric (formerly er51 & er51 is back)
GameFAQs. It's like an RPG with levels and trolls and everything. - Aquatakat on DOS/Windows General
#3HagielPosted 2/11/2013 10:01:41 AM
xmen posted...
How do ppl build your homestead?

as the story progresses more homestead missions are unlocked and the artisans level up, that' when new buildings appear

xmen posted...
How do i buy paintings to hang on the wall like in AC 2?

Unfortunately there's nothing like that in ACIII, you can do the hunting society and then gain banner that hang in Connors Room
---
It's so much easier to see the world in black and white. Gray? I don't know what to do with gray.
Garrus Vakarian
#4xmen(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 5:58:36 PM
Thanks for your help guys.
The in game tutorial sucks and doesnt explain anything clearly. Theres just a wall of text.

I will look at crafting again, but im not very fond of it and it doesnt seem to serve much purpose. Will probably continue the missions and try to finish the game instead of worrying about crafting.
#5VenomSnakePosted 2/11/2013 7:31:31 PM
I will look at crafting again, but im not very fond of it and it doesnt seem to serve much purpose.

Amen.
---
Eric (formerly er51 & er51 is back)
GameFAQs. It's like an RPG with levels and trolls and everything. - Aquatakat on DOS/Windows General