Assassins Creed 4 announcement coming on Feb 27?

#11Gators2015Posted 2/23/2013 3:06:09 PM
Bloodlines1191 posted...
An interview revealed it's related to Pirates.

A Redditor overheard a conversation on a flight about Assassin's Creed Black Flags involving Pirates.

It is a rumor.

Assassin's Creed 3's rumor of it being in the American Revolution was true two days later.

Rumors have become Reality once again. Just as Persona 2 has.

There's no mistaking it... Assassin's Creed: Black Flags is AC4. Damn it and I wanted a Shao Jun/Connor game...

A AC game about pirates would be terrible. I think I'm one of the few who didn't love the naval missions. I liked them but didnt love them. I think maybe having a few more involved in the actual story like bombarding forts would've been 100X better than the annoying contracts with the terrible optional objectives. With that said it was cool but actually having an entire game about pirates..... No just no. Now maybe if it was tied into something else like the Haitian slave revolt or French Revolution or War of 1812 (two of those being ways we could see Connor back) but I'd much rather just have a sequel with Connor in the French Revolution with the chick from Liberation (co-op maybe?) with fewer naval contracts and more missions that tie into the actual story.
#12rebelguy0Posted 2/25/2013 7:53:52 PM
Gators2015 posted...
Bloodlines1191 posted...

A Redditor overheard a conversation on a flight about Assassin's Creed Black Flags involving Pirates.

It is a rumor.

Assassin's Creed 3's rumor of it being in the American Revolution was true two days later.

There's no mistaking it... Assassin's Creed: Black Flags is AC4. Damn it and I wanted a Shao Jun/Connor game...

A AC game about pirates would be terrible. I think I'm one of the few who didn't love the naval missions. I liked them but didnt love them. I think maybe having a few more involved in the actual story like bombarding forts would've been 100X better than the annoying contracts with the terrible optional objectives. With that said it was cool but actually having an entire game about pirates..... No just no. Now maybe if it was tied into something else like the Haitian slave revolt or French Revolution or War of 1812 (two of those being ways we could see Connor back) but I'd much rather just have a sequel with Connor in the French Revolution with the chick from Liberation (co-op maybe?) with fewer naval contracts and more missions that tie into the actual story.

I'm assuming if it's true it will be something like what you describe. I think people are just using the "pirate game" thing as a quick way of describing it.
#13unkPosted 2/26/2013 12:45:34 PM
I wouldn't mind a game centered on a pirate ship crewed by Assassins. As long as there are more boarding missions, and the ship is mainly a conveyance to get you from city to city and port to port for some land based missions. Maybe a 40-60 split, naval to land based missions. Captain Connor Kenway and the dread pirates of the Aquila. Capital idea!
---
I'm so clever that half the time even I don't understand what I'm saying.
#14The_Amish_KingPosted 2/26/2013 1:48:45 PM
Bloodlines1191 posted...

It is a rumor.

if that is true, it wouldn't be AC4, ubisoft said that only new characters will get numbered games and games with the same character will get names like "black flags".
---
...although i'm not sure...
#15AcFan87Posted 2/26/2013 2:11:20 PM
THANK GOD its not in Japan!!!!!

Pirate themed AC sounds cooler anyway. There is enough ninja/samurai stuff out there and I don't want to see AC go that way.
#16yankeefan03Posted 2/27/2013 11:09:48 AM
Any news?
---
"Ummm... Brotherhood was in Rome, not Italy."
X-Box Live Gamertag--GageIsLegend
#17dantevsdantePosted 2/27/2013 12:09:35 PM
go to screwattack.com its a picture of pirates with an assassin holding a gun to his head. its called assassins creed 4 black flag. its going to be around the same timeframe as 3 but more focused on the piratey open waters side.