How much did they cut out of this game?

#1Gators2015Posted 2/24/2013 8:04:59 PM
Like seriously they either cut a lot out or made the trailers and promotional ads so off. Like where are some of these big battles where you actually fight in them with hand-to-hand combat? Or some of these scenes where you and Washington are riding throughout the frontier? Like I was watching all the trailers last night and some of the clips looked like they were taken from the actual game. Does that mean that they were just scrapped due to time concerns? Would've much rather Ubisoft kept those and got rid of some of the side quests.
#2bobbyrkPosted 2/24/2013 8:09:51 PM
They NEVER said that we would be participating in huge battles - only that they could render that many on screen. Don't forget also that the ads made it seem very much like it would be "America, F*** YEAH!" when the developers repeatedly stated that that wasn't how the game was going to be.

But yeah, they definitely cut quite a bit out, and some of it was definitely stuff that it needed. But apparently they were having problems with even what they had, so... who knows.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#3digitalwill2000Posted 2/24/2013 8:19:39 PM
Apparently Ubusoft are ditching a lot of things that were associated with AC3. The ad campaigners and even the montreal group.
---
Internet Troll = Someone who attempts to aggravate online.
GameFaqs Troll = Anyone with an opinion...
#4Gators2015(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 8:23:42 PM
bobbyrk posted...
They NEVER said that we would be participating in huge battles - only that they could render that many on screen. Don't forget also that the ads made it seem very much like it would be "America, F*** YEAH!" when the developers repeatedly stated that that wasn't how the game was going to be.

But yeah, they definitely cut quite a bit out, and some of it was definitely stuff that it needed. But apparently they were having problems with even what they had, so... who knows.

Yeah I know. Personally, what bothers me is that is was imo so close to being perfect. Like the flaws I saw were a few plot holes (mainly how does Conner and Achilles know that Haytham is his father right away? Based on what the clan mother says, it seems like Connor's mother and Achilles had previously met, but how?), not even one big battle (cmon not even just one? At least a few skirmishes? Like maybe what happens if your convoy gets attacked, only bigger? It's not like you can't have 200 enemies fighting you, I mean I killed 200 in Boston at one time when they all just came at me cuz I was notoriety level 3 and I just kept running around getting more and more of them to follow me), the fact that in order to not seem pro-American they made it so you probably kill just as many or more Americans than British (I mean really? They didn't have to make it an "America, F*** YEAH!" story as you put it, and I like that they made the Templars as being on both sides, but Connor was obviously fighting with, not for though, the Patriots), George Washington being a total prick (I mean yeah, I like that we get to see a more gray portrayal of Washington instead of just the purely good hero, but he's given no redeeming qualities, and in all honesty he was known to be a just, moral man in real life), and the ending (which can be remedied by a good continuation of the story). And honestly, only the ending (which wasn't even terrible, just disappointing) and lack of more battles were major.
#5GLADI_ATORPosted 2/25/2013 2:49:36 PM
bobbyrk posted...

but we do participate in "big" battles, though the game made them seem rather small and not as big as we saw in the trailers, like the one where we see Connor running through people to get to the officer on the horse.

*********POTENTIAL SPOILERS**********

We participate in the battle of monmouth . . . so there's that (I know you mean action packed). The biggest battle we participate in is the one where we dodge the volleys of british fire, but again nothing like what was depicted in the trailers. That disappointed me. The naval battles made up for it, but they were too short imo.
---
official grand master assassin of everywhere of ACIII boards
#6xXsabbathXxPosted 2/25/2013 3:30:39 PM
I do remember seeing a picture of Connor in the frontier riding a Canoe or little boat thingy or whatever you want to call it, up a river.

I guess thats among the things Ubisoft cut out of the game :\ i remember following an entire river looking for the canoe so that i could ride it, i never found it :(