My theory on Haytham in the DLC(could be spoilers)

#1TheBigRichPosted 2/25/2013 7:22:17 PM
My theory is that in this timeline he had never became a Templar and was an Assassin. The fact that when he gets his fathers blades they are in relatively good shape, unlike as a Templar there was rusting on the emblem. I think in this timeline Haytham never helped the other Templars in their cause so Washington never had an opposition. Haytham helped Washington out but then he seized the POE for himself and got rid of Haytham.
#2rebelguy0Posted 2/25/2013 8:36:50 PM
TheBigRich posted...
My theory is that in this timeline he had never became a Templar and was an Assassin. The fact that when he gets his fathers blades they are in relatively good shape, unlike as a Templar there was rusting on the emblem. I think in this timeline Haytham never helped the other Templars in their cause so Washington never had an opposition. Haytham helped Washington out but then he seized the POE for himself and got rid of Haytham.

Good theory but it's revealed in the book about Haytham's life that he (Spoilers)never becomes an Assassin in the first place, but was trained in their ways by his father.
#3TheBigRich(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 8:41:00 PM
Good theory but it's revealed in the book about Haytham's life that he (Spoilers)never becomes an Assassin in the first place, but was trained in their ways by his father.

I know that. What I'm saying is that the branch in the time-lines was Haytham becoming an Assassin instead of joining the Templars.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibm3xEWMGIjfHg.gif http://i45.tinypic.com/16ht0u8.gif
-CE's Official Dudeist Priest
#4rebelguy0Posted 2/25/2013 8:47:59 PM
TheBigRich posted...

I know that. What I'm saying is that the branch in the time-lines was Haytham becoming an Assassin instead of joining the Templars.

But that's the thing, Haytham becoming a Templar happened so long ago. I like this theory a lot and it could be possible but it depends on just how far back this timeline rupture goes I guess. I hope it's true though. Either this or Haytham left the Templars and became an Assassin again/left both sides. I think (I haven't completed Infamy yet so bare with me if this is revealed) that he drank the tea to try and stop Washington and this is why Ziio is so horrified at the idea of using it again.
#5TheBigRich(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 9:02:26 PM
But that's the thing, Haytham becoming a Templar happened so long ago. I like this theory a lot and it could be possible but it depends on just how far back this timeline rupture goes I guess.

I think the whole story is Connor being shown what would have happened if his father was never a Templar. The split in the timelines goes at least as far back as before his birth, since his village was never attacked. The only reason it seemed the village was attacked was in retaliation to Braddock's death.

I think (I haven't completed Infamy yet so bare with me if this is revealed) that he drank the tea to try and stop Washington and this is why Ziio is so horrified at the idea of using it again.

I like that idea.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibm3xEWMGIjfHg.gif http://i45.tinypic.com/16ht0u8.gif
-CE's Official Dudeist Priest
#6rebelguy0Posted 2/25/2013 9:11:50 PM
TheBigRich posted...
But that's the thing, Haytham becoming a Templar happened so long ago. I like this theory a lot and it could be possible but it depends on just how far back this timeline rupture goes I guess.

I think the whole story is Connor being shown what would have happened if his father was never a Templar. The split in the timelines goes at least as far back as before his birth, since his village was never attacked. The only reason it seemed the village was attacked was in retaliation to Braddock's death.

I think (I haven't completed Infamy yet so bare with me if this is revealed) that he drank the tea to try and stop Washington and this is why Ziio is so horrified at the idea of using it again.

I like that idea.

I never made the connection to the village attack from Braddock's death, that's quite interesting. I suppose Haytham did influence a lot of events too. I'm pretty much expecting this theory to be what happened now, in a good way.
I'm really wondering what happened to Kanen'tó:kon now too, I was hoping for some bonding between him and Connor and finally seeing him fight. It seemed natural to me that he'd be at the village, but I guess he's probably dead or will appear later.
#7dedi85kPosted 2/26/2013 7:41:51 AM
Its an interesting theory, though if Haytham was never a templar, then there'd have to be another reason for him to go to the New World. Not only that, once he was in America, he'd still have to be messing with things, otherwise he would have never met Ziio in the first place, since he first encountered her when he ambushed that slave convoy she was in so he could sneak into South Gate.

Also, the village was attacked after Braddock's death, but don't forget the Brits were already trying to kick them off that land. So it seems to me even if the Templars didn't mess with Braddock's Expedition, the British still would've attacked the village eventually.

Not saying that the Haytham never became a templar is impossible, just that if it is the case, it will be interesting how they do have Connor's parents meet in this new version of events.
#8LordBoots1983Posted 2/26/2013 8:47:47 PM
Its an interesting theory, though if Haytham was never a templar, then there'd have to be another reason for him to go to the New World. Not only that, once he was in America, he'd still have to be messing with things, otherwise he would have never met Ziio in the first place, since he first encountered her when he ambushed that slave convoy she was in so he could sneak into South Gate.

He would have been working with Miko, the Assassin he killed in the theater in the main timeline, so maybe he would have sent Haytham to look for the temple. Most likely Haytham would have came to the same conclusion about getting help from the natives and would have still freed Ziio.

Also, the village was attacked after Braddock's death, but don't forget the Brits were already trying to kick them off that land. So it seems to me even if the Templars didn't mess with Braddock's Expedition, the British still would've attacked the village eventually.

They may have wanted the land by they wouldn't have flat out attacked them for it. It was the tribe helping Haytham take down Braddock that earned them the wrath of the British.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qdWhIyJ.jpg