Assassin's Creed IV *Possible Spoilers*

#11DarkPhoenix852Posted 2/28/2013 3:49:56 PM
krono069 posted...
As long as it isn't suddenly a girl main character, I'm on board to buy the next game day one.

Sorry if I sound sexist, but a female main character wouldn't fit right, in my humble opinion. It just wouldn't feel right to me. I know a lot of folks might like it and think I hate women or something, but please don't make it a girl.

It's history man. Women were queens and political figures historically, but assassins/warriors? Not so much.

Please don't get all defensive. Everytime I've ever said anything along these lines before on GamFAQs, I always get attacked. This is just my opinion so, relax.
__

As much as I love to play as women in video games (Metroid Prime, Tomb Raider, Beyond Good and Evil) I would have to agree. I'm glad we can use them in multiplayer though. It's okay to have a woman protagonist in a sub-story like Liberation for the Vita. But not as a main story plot, because they couldn't do as much as men back in those days. They were restricted.

Imagine the present day protagonist is a woman and she's playing the role of a male protagonist lol weird. o_o
---
My Psn: Dark_Phoenix852
#12_Shuyin_Posted 2/28/2013 8:07:34 PM
Women make better assassins than men.
---
"At times we must purge things from this world because they should not exist. Even if it means losing someone that you love"
~ Deadly Premonition
#13rebelguy0Posted 3/2/2013 12:41:06 PM
DarkPhoenix852 posted...
krono069 posted...
As long as it isn't suddenly a girl main character, I'm on board to buy the next game day one.

Sorry if I sound sexist, but a female main character wouldn't fit right, in my humble opinion. It just wouldn't feel right to me. I know a lot of folks might like it and think I hate women or something, but please don't make it a girl.

It's history man. Women were queens and political figures historically, but assassins/warriors? Not so much.

Please don't get all defensive. Everytime I've ever said anything along these lines before on GamFAQs, I always get attacked. This is just my opinion so, relax.
__

As much as I love to play as women in video games (Metroid Prime, Tomb Raider, Beyond Good and Evil) I would have to agree. I'm glad we can use them in multiplayer though. It's okay to have a woman protagonist in a sub-story like Liberation for the Vita. But not as a main story plot, because they couldn't do as much as men back in those days. They were restricted.

Imagine the present day protagonist is a woman and she's playing the role of a male protagonist lol weird. o_o

I can't see that being weird at all. Nor do I see how you think it's fine for a spinoff yet not a main game. Odd.
#14habbox77Posted 3/2/2013 3:12:13 PM
My theory is that originally they were going to make this AC3's spinoff and would still feature Connor just doing stuff out in the caribbean or something, however they didn't get the fan reaction they wanted out of AC3 and realized Connor wasn't as popular as Ezio so they just redid the character and created Edward Kenway, put a new time period which worked out better due to the historic value of the early 18th century (Blackbeard/Piracy at it's golden age) and put the IV just for the appeal of it.
---
IGN: Tenabrus
Currently Renting: Req Banshee; Feb. 25th - March 3rd - Tsuruya (StarzOfNight)
#15HyokunPosted 3/2/2013 6:23:49 PM
For those who saw the trailer, is it confirmed that the game is set in Brazil?
#16Gators2015Posted 3/2/2013 9:35:44 PM
Hyokun posted...
For those who saw the trailer, is it confirmed that the game is set in Brazil?

Set in the Caribbean about 1715 (I mean Blackbeard narrates the trailer yet I'm pretty sure he was only an active pirate from 1716-1718. He was a privateer before that I think).