For those that own the game

#1RayconPosted 3/4/2013 3:04:53 PM
So as I hear it, the game had a patch released on launch day to smooth out some of the problems it might have otherwise had (maybe some since then; haven't been keeping up). The thing is, I don't have access to the Internet from my PS3, so the patch is out of the question.

So for those that have the game and find themselves in a similar situation (where they cannot download the patch), how does it run without said patch? Is it playable? How bad are the issues (if there are any) and what is there to look out for? Anything fatal?

Prospective buyer here, just looking for information.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#2enjelsamaPosted 3/4/2013 3:10:24 PM
Not sure if it can still be done, But going thru Sony should turn up link to said patch (and Sony Ps3 patches) that you can slap on USB drive and update system.

I know you can do this for System updates still,(which needs a 5gb+ drive) I had go to libary for free internet for sometime to get updates.

Not sure if Game updates can still be downloaded from PC.
---
Mmmm Choco Cookies
*Insert Cat Gif Here*
#3Raycon(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 5:19:53 PM
enjelsama posted...
Not sure if it can still be done, But going thru Sony should turn up link to said patch (and Sony Ps3 patches) that you can slap on USB drive and update system.

I know you can do this for System updates still,(which needs a 5gb+ drive) I had go to libary for free internet for sometime to get updates.

Not sure if Game updates can still be downloaded from PC.

I've known you could do that with PS3 updates, but have never found that to be true with game updates. My google search, unfortunately, seems to tell me AC3 is no different in that regard, as I can find nothing on a patch available outside of PSN (so far as I know).
---
#4Dark_EpathyPosted 3/4/2013 6:48:07 PM
I played it without the patch. Yeah, there are some glitches here and there, but nothing awful.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#5Raycon(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 7:36:31 PM(edited)
Dark_Epathy posted...
I played it without the patch. Yeah, there are some glitches here and there, but nothing awful.

Really? That's wonderful news. A lot of the news on the patch I read said it fixed some big issues and came highly recommended by Ubisoft themselves (thinking of the dual-assassination freeze problem of ACII here). If it's not nearly that level of a problem, I should definitely look into picking this up.

Thanks a lot.
---
#6bobbyrkPosted 3/4/2013 7:29:15 PM
Not everyone is going to run into all the same glitches. For example, I play on Xbox 360, and beat the game prior to patching it. The most glitching I had occur was some actor and environment pop-in, and a couple NPCs looping animations in one of the taverns. I know a lot of other people who ran into all sorts of problems.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#7Dark_EpathyPosted 3/4/2013 8:36:04 PM
Sure, there is the possibility that you could encounter a severe glitch. But the game isn't unplayable by any stretch of the imagination.

If you could play Downpour, Raycon, you can play AC3. lol
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa