Connor vs. Haythem last battle(spoilers)

#1sflowers539Posted 3/4/2013 9:32:33 PM
It is lame to have to write “spoilers” for a game out for 6 months, but I’ll get banned if it don’t, but anyway, was anyone else sickened by the way Connor simply kills a hero like Haythem with the same blade technique you use to take anyone else out, and think it is nuts that a man as experienced as Haythem would be killed that way? Connor also uses a nut shot in that fight, which is very low class. Haythem was a hero in his own right, I was hoping that in the ending Connor would be killed by Haythem (I I did not finish the game yet), but I guess that will not happen now. Connor should not have killed Haythem, it is bad for the story, and unrealistic.
#2Dark_EpathyPosted 3/4/2013 9:38:40 PM
Well, it was do-or-die. Haytham was ready and willing to kill Connor there, and the latter just acted.

The whole thing could have been better handled, though. Haytham's a sick character, and, while I like the fight and his final scene, it feels abrupt. A longer, more involved sequence would have been better.

There was a lot of potential in Connor and Haytham's story, and the game just doesn't capitalize on it enough.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#3xXsabbathXxPosted 3/4/2013 9:38:54 PM
Uhm....Haytham was a Templar =/= Bad Guy.
Of course he was going to die, the bad guy never wins, not to mention the fact that Achilles must've said "Kill your father(Haytham)" Atleast 20 times throughout the game.
#4xXsabbathXxPosted 3/4/2013 9:42:10 PM
Althought i did sort of wish Haytham would see the error of his ways and return to the Assassins, i liked how Connor was hesitant to kill haytham and thought that after Charles Lee dies that he and his father could learn to work together and have a happy ending. Connor wanted to make things work out with his father.
#5JManGTPosted 3/5/2013 8:00:48 AM
Your spoiler is in the topic title.... and not everyone buys the game at launch jerk
---
PSN: JManGT
GT: James Upton
#6pengiewinPosted 3/6/2013 3:01:09 AM
Hilarious how you say you shouldn't have to put spoilers 6 months after it comes out and then say you haven't finished it yet... Lol
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#7FetulovesACPosted 3/8/2013 10:16:59 AM
sflowers539 posted...
Haythem was a hero in his own right, I was hoping that in the ending Connor would be killed by Haythem (I I did not finish the game yet), but I guess that will not happen now. Connor should not have killed Haythem, it is bad for the story, and unrealistic.

I didn't think Haytham was a hero at the end of the game.

Where was the man who kept saying, "Peace, Charles" and stopping others from doing something violent as a means to an end? That Haytham I admired and liked.

But the guy at the end of the game, who tortured and killed because it was fast and easy? No idea who that jerk was, and I didn't like him at all. I thought he deserved to die, since he'd turned into the very thing Haytham detested and refused to tolerate at the start of the game.

I found the last two assassinations to be sub-standard, but that was because of the gameplay, not that they didn't need to die.