So AC4 is going to pick up where AC3 left off? *spoilers*

#1i am pogo the monkeyPosted 3/6/2013 5:30:40 AM(edited)
AC4 takes place before AC3 and after all the others right? Basically where we're at now is Desmond is/might be dead, Juno saved the world but now rules it, and somehow Haytham's pirate/assassin father's memories can be used to defeat Juno and free humanity even though Desmond might not be the one in the animus anymore?

Do I have this right? I'm going to be pissed if AC4 doesn't pick up where AC3 left off because there was no conclusion at all.
---
Anaheim Ducks
Angels
#2bobbyrkPosted 3/6/2013 5:38:10 AM
Desmond is dead. Abstergo took his body and were the ones who uploaded his memories to the Cloud. The modern character we play as (gender unknown) is hired by Abstergo to go through Desmond's ancestral memories.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#3i am pogo the monkey(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 5:44:47 AM
I see. And I guess the point of going through the memories would be to find a way to stop Juno? I can't see how that's not the focus of the next game. And if it's not, it would be lame considering that's how AC3 ended - with her wrecking havoc on humanity.
---
Anaheim Ducks
Angels
#4DrunkBeardGuyPosted 3/6/2013 6:27:22 AM
What I want to see is their explanation for how to stop Juno. I mean, Desmond basically released a psychotic God into the world. It's not really his fault either, he had no other choice and both the Assassin's and Templars were being played.

What could Haytham's dad possibly know to stop something like her? I just hope it isn't lame, like the First Civ built secret "off switches" in case one went rogue or something...
---
May the odds be ever in your favor
http://i.imgur.com/C41sDRQ.gif