Connors Revelation

#1DemonReacherPosted 8/22/2013 2:45:33 PM
When Connor was taken in by Achilles, he learnt much about the world the Assassins and Templars had created. But he learnt much more than that, Achilles explained to Connor the most basic truth about human identity. Everything you see is but a projection in the mind, everything you touch, taste, experience, desire, think or contemplate is but a projection. You can never leave your mind, you can never leave this projection, you are completely bound to this projection, it is what makes you mortal. You can create models of phenomena around you, but you can never actually become it.

For a few years Connor slotted this concept into the back of his mind. He did not care that the projection was merely in his head, for it was so immense, so multidimensional and full of life that even though it only existed in his head, it still existed on some level, and was worth keeping alive and growing.

One day however, Connor began to deeply question whether he was merely his body and mind. He realized if he defined himself to merely be the projection, than that was all he was, a thing that defined itself inside itself. But he decided to push the defining principle and define himself to be things outside of his body. He was the land he saw, he was the plants outside his manor, he was the spaces between people, between body. He was the elk that was lurking below, but he was not the elks projection that the elk could define itself as, for only the elks projection belonged to the elk. So Connor realised that the projections were all distinct, separate, and completely arbitrary entities that did not exist outside in the real world. What he really was, was everything he could not define himself to be. He was you, me, and everything in the spaces between us, the forces that drive this world.

As Connor captured this idea in his own projection, so did Desmond as he experienced this memory. He realized this revelation was the most important thing that his ancestors had to offer, and he instantly became connected with Connor without any need for the Animus, he felt connected to everything. He suddenly felt indifferent about the solar flare, for the shells that carried such insignificant, ugly and random projections that only cared for themselves. He offered himself up to Juno, and finally became one with everything else.
---
MGS3 Ghost Run: Foxhound Rank: Official Ghost Runner of MGS
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4D335DDB9C9BAEDD&feature=plcp
#2CharpandaV1Posted 8/22/2013 9:44:36 PM
Y u no TLDR? :(

Anyways, I saw a prestige 90 today. That sh,t be cray cray
---
"...Pretty much boosting your boosting"-- DeliciousJello
Official Daniel Cross of the ACIII boards
#3badplayer07Posted 8/22/2013 9:56:19 PM
Divine serenity was at prestige 90 two months ago o_o
---
Not all who wander are lost.
#4CharpandaV1Posted 8/22/2013 10:09:49 PM
Oh now THAT is crazy. And here I was thinking that only Faith was insane enough to do that back in ACR... 'Tis a crazy world we live in.

Anyways my prestige's name is El Sicario Chile. He was like prestige 80 a month ago. Following my first time seeing him, he was prestige 81... that was the next day >_>

I'm just wondering what they do for a living that they have that much free time on their hands. The dude has over 50 days worth of playing time. That sh,t is insane!
---
#5DemonReacher(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 12:05:37 AM
CharpandaV1 posted...
Oh now THAT is crazy. And here I was thinking that only Faith was insane enough to do that back in ACR... 'Tis a crazy world we live in.

Anyways my prestige's name is El Sicario Chile. He was like prestige 80 a month ago. Following my first time seeing him, he was prestige 81... that was the next day >_>

I'm just wondering what they do for a living that they have that much free time on their hands. The dude has over 50 days worth of playing time. That sh,t is insane!

I once went back and played ACB. I got OSBd and poisoned, but before I died I got disconnected. Like actually in all seriousness I got DCed, was kinda gutted as I wanted to keep playing. Then I get an angry PSN message from the guy going on about how I rage quit etc.

TWO YEARS LATER

I jump on and it just so happens the same guy is playing, and while we were in the lobby he starts sending me hate mail for leaving last time. WTF??!! Like what the actual ****
---
MGS3 Ghost Run: Foxhound Rank: Official Ghost Runner of MGS
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4D335DDB9C9BAEDD&feature=plcp
#6badplayer07Posted 8/23/2013 12:43:17 AM
Oh faith98 is still the undisputed champion . I saw him in march/april at prestige 60. Then one day later I saw him at 62. No words, man.

And I'm sick of these top 100 guys. Loki and his friends are one of the few legit people there. Other than that it's all douches. Last night world no 51 joined and running around getting stunned and killed. I knew what he was doing. Sure enough his score x2 kicked in and he jumped from 700 to 2900 something within 90 seconds. I fxxking hate x2.
---
#7Blaze21Posted 8/23/2013 4:31:50 AM
badplayer07 posted...
And I'm sick of these top 100 guys. Loki and his friends are one of the few legit people there. Other than that it's all douches.

You must have a pretty high tolerance for who you consider to be a d-bag then. From what I've seen of him, and his friends, I'd say he was too. Or perhaps my tolerance is just low. Although, the douche impression came around the 3rd or 4th time I'm encountered him so perhaps it hasn't always been that way. >_>
---
Due to repugnance for "Tee-dus", I now call him "the protagonist of FFX"
Official Aveline de Grandpre of the AC3 boards
#8badplayer07Posted 8/23/2013 5:11:14 AM
I've never played them but considering they have a pretty popular YT channel I assumed he might not be a d-bag. Also I said they were legit. I've had quite a few instances when I would be dropped into random manhunt lobbies and the top 100 people would always be boosting. I dunno ._.
---
#9CharpandaV1Posted 8/23/2013 4:03:58 PM
DemonReacher posted...
TWO YEARS LATER

I jump on and it just so happens the same guy is playing, and while we were in the lobby he starts sending me hate mail for leaving last time. WTF??!! Like what the actual ****

Man that's a huge grudge to hold... especially if you didn't encounter him in those two years o.0

I do that with this group that I know for sure they're lag switchers, but all I do is get out of the lobby.

badplayer07 posted...
Oh faith98 is still the undisputed champion . I saw him in march/april at prestige 60. Then one day later I saw him at 62. No words, man.

And I'm sick of these top 100 guys. Loki and his friends are one of the few legit people there. Other than that it's all douches. Last night world no 51 joined and running around getting stunned and killed. I knew what he was doing. Sure enough his score x2 kicked in and he jumped from 700 to 2900 something within 90 seconds. I fxxking hate x2.

Yeah, she is lol. She actually had (has) an account here, but I haven't seen here since the game came out. Neither have I seen her in the game for that matter. I think she stayed in ACR destroying people in AAA >_>

Anyways, a good number of people in the top 100 don't actually belong there. They mostly play a lot and gang up with their clan mates to beat on other people... oh and they quit before losing because... well, they're pro!

I'm not saying they all do that, and certainly some of them do have genuine skill (and time), and those are some of the funnest matches I've played, but for the most part that's been my experience with a good number of the top 100. Many times I'll play against one of them individually and manage to do better than them. Then they ask for a 4v4 rematch with their clan mates because they can't stand losing, like one of them did with me and my friends >_>

badplayer07 posted...
I've had quite a few instances when I would be dropped into random manhunt lobbies and the top 100 people would always be boosting

OMG!! I LOVED it when this happened in ACR! We would DESTROY their boosting session, lmao!! Unfortunately I haven't encountered one in ACIII ;_;
---
#10Blaze21Posted 8/23/2013 4:22:50 PM(edited)
badplayer07 posted...
I've never played them but considering they have a pretty popular YT channel I assumed he might not be a d-bag. Also I said they were legit. I've had quite a few instances when I would be dropped into random manhunt lobbies and the top 100 people would always be boosting. I dunno ._.

Maybe he doesn't boost his level per say but I am fairly certain that him and his group, LadyTrickster included, used the glitch people used for Minor Hack except they did it with boost cooldowns. That sealed the deal for me.

Also, just noticed Rancher's other topic got modded finally. How is his account still active? I mean, he really pushes the envelope. Purgatory? Good grief! LOL
---
Due to repugnance for "Tee-dus", I now call him "the protagonist of FFX"
Official Aveline de Grandpre of the AC3 boards