Connors Revelation

#11CharpandaV1Posted 8/23/2013 5:37:36 PM
Blaze21 posted...
Also, just noticed Rancher's other topic got modded finally. How is his account still active? I mean, he really pushes the envelope. Purgatory? Good grief! LOL

They don't ban you unless your crime is especially heinous like when when Dante told the mods they could stick a (whatever he said) in their ass... or maybe it was up their ass, not sure.
---
"...Pretty much boosting your boosting"-- DeliciousJello
Official Daniel Cross of the ACIII boards
#12Blaze21Posted 8/23/2013 6:31:49 PM
CharpandaV1 posted...
They don't ban you unless your crime is especially heinous like when when Dante told the mods they could stick a (whatever he said) in their ass... or maybe it was up their ass, not sure.

I miss Dante. He was fun to play with. :(
---
Due to repugnance for "Tee-dus", I now call him "the protagonist of FFX"
Official Aveline de Grandpre of the AC3 boards
#13CharpandaV1Posted 8/23/2013 6:44:28 PM
We should build a time machine and go back to the ACR days. Those were REALLY fun, playing with everybody.

I miss late night matches in Siena ;_;
---
#14badplayer07Posted 8/24/2013 4:24:21 AM
What? Really? Wow...You'd at least expect the poster boys/girls of AC3 multiplayer to not cheat or boost. Are you sure they were cheating? How did you catch on to that? I've heard getting wiped during the death animation resets your cooldowns on every respawn if you have boost cooldowns active. Them if you kill a civilian again you get them back, or something along those lines. Oh well. It's almost hilarious when you realize these are the people who regularly post videos titled "minor hacker beatdown"... The more you know.
---
Not all who wander are lost.
#15Blaze21Posted 8/24/2013 8:10:14 AM(edited)
I am 90% sure they were cheating. Too bad I didn't have any type of recording device to get other people's opinions.

But yeah. I was playing with a friend, and I believe 2 other prestiges on my team. Loki and Trickster were in a full group. We were playing AA on Virginian Plantation. The session was pretty close for most of the session, then all of a sudden they all start running over to where we are (we were defending the side in the courtyard where the stables and the large mansion is, and they kept throwing down smoke bomb and stun locking us. Now if this was any game but AC3, it would be fine.

But it is AC3.

This was before they completely nerfed boost cooldowns, so every time you die your abilities are reset. However, we all know that since the start of AC3 cooldowns have been nerfed where once you get a stun off, you no longer have them. All four of them were stunning us left and right, we'd kill them and they would immediately run back over and throw smoke down again.

Now at the time, I didn't know what was going on except for the fact that they were cheating. My friend whole'heartedly agreed. It was later that I found out that the Minor Hack glitch could be used with all the other loss streaks as well, courtesy of Panda who experimented in a Private Session. Looking back on it, this had to have been what they were doing.

I mean, it's the only thing that makes sense. I wasn't using wipe, neither was my friend. And even if the other two had been, there's no way it worked out so all four of them experienced the glitch. And even still, I would still constitute that as cheating cause they are experienced enough to know how to take advantage of it.

badplayer07 posted...
It's almost hilarious when you realize these are the people who regularly post videos titled "minor hacker beatdown"... The more you know.

This is the thing, they can basically get away with it. Chances of anyone recording them are pretty slim. Even so, no one else's channel is going to be popular enough to get recognition if they do post it. Because of who they are, someone like me saying this, most people aren't gonna believe me, say I'm exaggerating or mistaken *cough*panda*cough*. You know for sure they're not gonna post vids of them doing it and if they come across anyone they know who is as popular as them, they're not gonna cheat then or they'll simply back out.
---
#16badplayer07Posted 8/24/2013 8:31:00 AM
The only famous youtube people I've come across online are furymuso, novamage and rudeonion. i actually played quite a few deathmatch sessions (five I think) against nova and a lot of other really good players, and nova is ridiculously good and a decent guy. (i even managed to win twice :-D) fury is very well behaved too. i am assuming rudeonion is nice as well.

The only thing that I sort of dislike about famous youtube players is that some of them start advocating playstyles that they think are right. Now I know what an OSB is in deathmatch or wanted (and I despise it), but i dont think it's called OSB when you throw a smoke mid-kill in manhunt to avoid getting stunned. Anyway I was watching a competitive manhunt match of a popular youtube player and she was always saying how the other team is using OSB (when they were dropping it in animations) and then in the offense round she was doing the exact same thing. That sort of hypocrisy bugged me more than it should have.
---
Not all who wander are lost.
#17CharpandaV1Posted 8/24/2013 11:25:05 AM
Blaze21 posted...
*cough*panda*cough*

Te amo? :)

And yes, it's not as if they record each and every single session. It's a lot of work editing and uploading that stuff, just ask Reacher when he gets back. Doing it every signle time would probably be arduous.

Due to that, they for sure won't record something that paints them in a bad light. They have an online reputation to keep!

badplayer07 posted...
novamage

Is really freaking good at FFA's. I played with him in ACR and there was one Wanted session where he only died once (courtesy of my stealth ;)). Either way, I was really impressed that he could pull that off. I don't remember if I played any FFA's with him here, but back when I was in the top 10 the clan he was a part of invited me to play AA with them and he was good there too (actually the whole clan was, we managed to score 20 artifacts in one session lol).

He used to be in my F-list but he unfriended me after we didn't play :'( But yes, he is a decent guy.

As for your hypocrisy comment, I do agree that if you're going to criticize a type of playstyle, then you shouldn't use it at all. In FFA's you'll never see me using OSB, because it's cheap and generally points to a lack of skill. There was this one time in ACR where I played Wanted and there was this dude who literally would not kill me unless it was with OSB/Poison. Even if he had to instigate a chase (which he did, mind you. A chase) he would still drop OSB. Instances like that make you really hate it.

In TM's, I can see a case for OSB. I don't think you should be penalized for actually playing stealthily, getting a good stealth kill on someone only to be stunned by their partner who's right next to them. I understand that it's a team mode, and you should be coordinating with your team and whatnot, but we know that in a lobby of randoms, that perfect world logic doesn't apply.

So in a scenario where someone is in the middle of a kill animation, I can agree with them if they drop there to stop their target from stunning them. Heck if someone does it to me I won't even bat an eye. But it's when it crosses the line into abuse territory that I mind. It's one thing for you to know your targets and not want to get stunned, but it's another if you just don't know at all who they are and rush in blindly and drop down smoke just because you can.

Another thing is when the offensive team is dropping down smoke bombs on the defensive team just to corral them in and hold them at bay while they build their detection meter and focus and whatever else they can think of. That's just abusive. This applies to FFA's as well, when someone will drop a smoke just to get a good kill (especially with X2)

And let's not even get into OSB/Poison -__-
---
#18rhb263Posted 8/28/2013 11:34:18 PM
If you guys mean Dante420 (the APS Dante, in my clan), he'll be back with AC4. And Trickster is a whore. Period.
---
Official Australian Grandmaster of the Assassin Order (AC3 boards).
MH IGN Xandria. Other games, some form of Kael. Hi if I know you. Otherwise, meh.
#19Blaze21Posted 8/29/2013 7:08:04 AM
rhb263 posted...
If you guys mean Dante420 (the APS Dante, in my clan), he'll be back with AC4. And Trickster is a whore. Period.

Yeah, that's the Dante. And good to know. I could tell he wasn't really that into the 3's mp (he seemed pretty annoyed about the lack of Mute), but at least now I know he won't randomly get back on again.

And I'd love to hear your reasoning as to why Trickster is a whore. I mean, I definitely agree, but it's nice to not be the only bashing chicks...>_>
---
#20badplayer07Posted 8/29/2013 7:34:05 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]