Artifact Assault Teleport Glitching

#1filchmongerPosted 8/23/2013 5:21:38 PM
So I'm playing AA on northwest passage, 3 v 2, and the other two guys, level *44 or so, david_garci and Assassins_King18 were somehow teleporting across the entire map after diving in a furpile next to our base. Not quite sure how, and I know it is not legit, the one time I saw them it looks as if their character is in the falling animation and then they are on the other side of the map, and score in ~2 seconds or so.

The one time I managed to kill one of them before they reached the furpile, and one time I was less then 1/2 second behind one of them, he fell in the pile, and I was right there, slamming square and he was gone. 2 seconds later, he scores.

Anyone else play against these douches, or similar people, and how are they doing that?

The only counter I was able to really do was camp that damn furpile, in which case they just ran the other way and found another furpile, was very annoying, they had like 8 scores in just a few minutes.

I'll be playing awhile tonight, if I see them or others, I'll turn on the recorder so I can show you what's going on. Peace.
#2CharpandaV1Posted 8/23/2013 5:28:11 PM(edited)
filchmonger posted...
character is in the falling animation

There's your answer. They were probably lag switching.

Sucks, but apparently people have to win at all costs. Best you can do is leave the lobby when that happens.

Edit: And yes, I've encountered people like them before. It makes for a really frustrating match and makes you just want to quit playing.
---
"...Pretty much boosting your boosting"-- DeliciousJello
Official Daniel Cross of the ACIII boards
#3justinbebustinPosted 8/23/2013 8:40:50 PM
filchmonger posted...
Assassins_King18.

I recognize this d-bag as someone who used to LOVE the loss bonus glitch. Cheaters gonna cheat, they can't win otherwise...
---
"If he ain't back in 30 minutes I'm callin' Dominos!" - Thurgood
#4LiquidAntagonisPosted 8/25/2013 10:53:15 AM
On Northwest Passage, there's a hay bale next to the northern most base (the southern most base is the deathmatch area) that you can jump through that has broken physics or a wall that you can clip through or something that allows you to fall through the map. When you fall through the map, you are placed at a random area on the map. It's a glitch. They're technically not teleporting, they're just using this to their advantage.

It's rather easy to do because it doesn't require some sort of ritual. If you want to try it for yourself, go into the playground on Northwestern Passage and simply jump into the bale of hay, and then hold the left analogue stick forward. If done correctly, your character should do the jump-out-of-the-bale animation, only he'll/she'll do it towards the wall. Your character will then go through the wall and fall through the map. The game will correct this issue by placing you in a random location on the map. You can't control where you'll spawn, and therefore this sort of glitch doesn't work well against experienced players because it sort of disorients the person trying to use it. You're better off trying to outsmart your opponent.

I don't think there are any other bales of hay that can be taken advantage of...of course, I could be wrong.
---
>provides users with the ability to dispute a "moderation"
>list of reasons why every argument is "refutable" =_=
#5badplayer07Posted 8/25/2013 11:10:17 AM
There is one in animus core, right at the corner adjacent to the "open" artifact base. It doesn't teleport you anywhere, you just clip through it and become un-kill-able, like you could do on top of a lift in a brotherhood map (i think).
---
He must be late, and she must be beautiful.
#6CharpandaV1Posted 8/25/2013 11:26:16 AM
Oh damn it. Not this crap again.

Well I gotta say, it took people long enough to find it if it's been there since the game was released.

badplayer07 posted...
There is one in animus core, right at the corner adjacent to the "open" artifact base. It doesn't teleport you anywhere, you just clip through it and become un-kill-able, like you could do on top of a lift in a brotherhood map (i think).

Someone actually did this in a match I played recently. It was one of the people in the top 100 too. Guess that proves you right about them being d-bags huh? ;)

They only managed to get out by teleporting. I had half a mind to wipe them just to leave them in there, but my team was less than stellar and I was the only one defending, so I decided to save it up for later.

And yeah, you're talking about the MSM glitch. There was another one in that map too where you could warp through a wall and hang out at the edge inside the wall. As long as you didn't jump off to the sea you'd stay in there and couldn't be killed, unless your pursuer also knew of it and managed to get in. At least with the lift glitch you could still shoot them.
---
"...Pretty much boosting your boosting"-- DeliciousJello
Official Daniel Cross of the ACIII boards
#7badplayer07Posted 8/25/2013 9:47:43 PM
And another on a tree in virginian plantation, in the manor artifact base. Of course, everyone can see you up there and therefore shoot you.
---
#8celc5Posted 8/26/2013 6:50:42 AM
I thought the haybale glitch was remedied? I suppose not

I'm also suspicious of another loss streak glitch. I could swear I was playing against someone who was teleporting twice the other night. It was a loss streak offender, so it's possible I'm bitter and jumping the gun... or maybe it makes it more likely that I'm right to be suspicious?

Anyone else running into some sort of loss streak abuse?
---
PSN: Pinched_Aloaf
AC3: AA, DM, Bonus Maps
#9badplayer07Posted 8/26/2013 7:06:55 AM
I recently found out that the even the icons of this community are known to use exploits. Now I trust no one.
---
#10justinbebustinPosted 8/26/2013 8:41:53 AM
celc5 posted...
I thought the haybale glitch was remedied? I suppose not

I'm also suspicious of another loss streak glitch. I could swear I was playing against someone who was teleporting twice the other night. It was a loss streak offender, so it's possible I'm bitter and jumping the gun... or maybe it makes it more likely that I'm right to be suspicious?

Anyone else running into some sort of loss streak abuse?

My guess is they teleport with L2, switch to another set with R2 having teleport using select + X, teleport with R2. I could be wrong, I've never tried it, but it seems plausible.
---
"If he ain't back in 30 minutes I'm callin' Dominos!" - Thurgood