Artifact Assault Teleport Glitching

#11Blaze21Posted 8/26/2013 8:54:50 AM
justinbebustin posted...
My guess is they teleport with L2, switch to another set with R2 having teleport using select + X, teleport with R2. I could be wrong, I've never tried it, but it seems plausible.

No, this doesn't work. If you use teleport, then switch to another set with teleport in the other slot, it's still gonna be on cooldown. If you switch to another set entirely, it'll put on cooldown whichever ability has the cooldown closest to the one you used, iirc.
---
Due to repugnance for "Tee-dus", I now call him "the protagonist of FFX"
Official Aveline de Grandpre of the AC3 boards
#12badplayer07Posted 8/26/2013 9:13:10 AM
No if you switch to a third set that doesdn't have teleport, the ability on cooldown will be the one corresponding to the bumper you originally pressed to teleport, in justin's case L2.

The cooldown on this ability will be the ability cooldown minus time elapsed since you used teleport.
---
He must be late, and she must be beautiful.
#13justinbebustinPosted 8/26/2013 12:34:58 PM
Blaze21 posted...
justinbebustin posted...
My guess is they teleport with L2, switch to another set with R2 having teleport using select + X, teleport with R2. I could be wrong, I've never tried it, but it seems plausible.

No, this doesn't work. If you use teleport, then switch to another set with teleport in the other slot, it's still gonna be on cooldown. If you switch to another set entirely, it'll put on cooldown whichever ability has the cooldown closest to the one you used, iirc.

I see. Any ideas on how they managed double teleportation? I remember a couple of people that did that pretty rampantly in ACR MP, and I had absolutely no idea how they pulled it off. I haven't seen it yet in AC3, but apparently it exists...
---
"If he ain't back in 30 minutes I'm callin' Dominos!" - Thurgood
#14BluesSoul617Posted 8/29/2013 12:54:14 AM
CharpandaV1 posted...
There's your answer. They were probably lag switching.

I lol'ed. How does it feel to be wrong?

They also have this on xbox but I don't use this glitch even if I wanted to.
---
Blues Soul 617
#15Blaze21Posted 8/29/2013 7:15:40 AM
BluesSoul617 posted...
I lol'ed. How does it feel to be wrong?

This was slightly unnecessary. Half the time it usually is somebody lag switching dude. That's by far the most common way to cheat. There is this one group in particular who I never play against now cause they are known to do it, especially when they're about to lose.
---
#16celc5Posted 8/29/2013 9:18:36 AM
The thing that's tough about sniffing out lag switchers is that the servers are SO GOD AWFUL lately. I can be 2 moves ahead of my pursuer and suddenly wind up dead 3 moves back.

Half the time I don't even see a character in that spot and I was certainly looking since I'm focusing on camera control for free running quite a bit lately. Was it a lag switch? Or just plain lag? How about slide kills from 10-20 meters away? Was it a slide kill or was it the "mini teleport" that used to be easy to pick out with switchers?

So I agree that there's a fair amount of pathetic lag switchers. I guess my point is that it seems like it's more difficult to catch them in the act for certain lately.
---
PSN: Pinched_Aloaf
AC3: AA, DM, Bonus Maps
#17Blaze21Posted 8/29/2013 9:40:36 AM
celc5 posted...
The thing that's tough about sniffing out lag switchers is that the servers are SO GOD AWFUL lately. I can be 2 moves ahead of my pursuer and suddenly wind up dead 3 moves back.

I get what you're saying, however in certain situations, it cannot be anything but lag switching.

My favorite is when the whole lobby is totally fine for most of the session, and when the other team starts losing, then suddenly they start to do funny crap, that's lag switching.

Especially when you're on their side, they kill you just fine. But when they cross over and you go to kill them, suddenly you're getting difficulties, or my favorite is the game just skips totally and you get stunned.

The other telltale is when the whole other team is just jumping skipping around all over the map. And it's done in a way where it's clearly being used to their advantage.

Most of what you're describing, I believe is just general lag. I've never really attributed those things to lag switching. Other times the lobbies will just be bad. Like people not being able to pick up the artifact. Sometimes people's internet is just bad. It's happened to me where I've totally jacked up a lobby. But I have no control over it. Something about lag switching, you can just tell when a player is intentionally using it in a way that benefits them, like they're able to cut if off and on.
---
#18badplayer07Posted 8/29/2013 9:56:23 AM
Unrelated, but today I had a glitch where I couldn't kill/stun anyone and they couldn't kill/stun me. What is that about?
---
He must be late, and she must be beautiful.
#19Blaze21Posted 8/29/2013 11:05:47 AM
I'm not really sure but that's been around since for sure Revelations. I didn't play Brotherhood enough to remember or know if it happened there.
---
#20justinbebustinPosted 8/29/2013 12:42:42 PM
badplayer07 posted...
Unrelated, but today I had a glitch where I couldn't kill/stun anyone and they couldn't kill/stun me. What is that about?

Yea that's the worst, they just keep jumping away, I went through a whole match unable to kill them with square, so I started poisoning them, it worked!
---
"If he ain't back in 30 minutes I'm callin' Dominos!" - Thurgood