How do you pronounce Connor's native name and what does it mean?

#1metalsamuraiPosted 6/21/2012 3:05:11 PM
Also, I don't even remember what it was, but all of the main character's have had meaningful names. Connor means "lover of wolves". What does his other name mean?
---
So you're saying that Satan possessed my amp with screaming Mexican ragtime players who listen to the Jonas Brothers? e_e - reaper_killa
#2metallica1fanPosted 6/21/2012 3:29:05 PM
His Native American name is Ratonhnhaké:ton, pronounced "Ra-doon-ha-gay-doon" (according to GI). Connor's British name means "lover of hounds", while Ratonhnhaké:ton means "his spirit lives" or "life scratcher" in Mohawk.

And yes, he is the only ancestor not linked to flying or birds. Altair means "the flying one", while Ezio means "eagle"...
---
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace.
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.
#3metalsamurai(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2012 3:35:56 PM
^Awww....well, I guess they had to break the pattern sometime.

If I'm not mistaken, Aveline from Liberation has a bird-themed name. I have little knowledge of French, but I know "ave" in Spanish is "bird" so I figure...
---
So you're saying that Satan possessed my amp with screaming Mexican ragtime players who listen to the Jonas Brothers? e_e - reaper_killa
#4metallica1fanPosted 6/21/2012 3:41:54 PM
I think "ave" is "fly". I'm from Ontario (close to Quebec, which is French speaking) so I had to take some French as a kid, and I remember some stuff. This is also why the plane industry is called "aviation"...
---
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace.
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.
More topics from this board...
Nine men's morris problemNairel227/22 12:34PM