The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

They should have done this in Asia

#1pro9b17Posted 3/7/2012 11:00:07 PM
Would be a lot more interesting IMO...like maybe China or Imperial Japan
---
Rock is OP, but paper is fine- Scissors
#2CorsothArcolePosted 3/7/2012 11:00:49 PM
Ok, no, I take it back.

THIS is going to be "that topic" for this board.
---
GT: MoronToTheKore
Welcome to the Console Arcade! Please insert a coin.
#3igashijinPosted 3/7/2012 11:14:13 PM
*SPOILERS*

...no.
---
To dis examartein ouk andros sopho.
#4pro9b17(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2012 11:16:47 PM
muahahahah
---
Rock is OP, but paper is fine- Scissors
#5igashijinPosted 3/7/2012 11:24:02 PM
Now for a serious reply:

I don't know-- Asia is just so overdone that it's hard for a game like this to really find an Asia niche.

There are plenty of games that let you visit feudal Japan and do a fairly good job of illustrating the environment; this is especially true in anything with a ninja theme.

China might be fun, especially with the whole Shao Jun side-arc and everything, but I still find that the developers have done a good job in choosing time periods that aren't bled dry for the series, you know?
---
To dis examartein ouk andros sopho.
#6stlcardinals07Posted 3/7/2012 11:38:42 PM
AC is based around Western principles, values, ethics, etc. I just don't see it meshing to well in Eastern regions.
---
GT: short7stop
#7FelixFelicisPosted 3/8/2012 8:56:11 AM
stlcardinals07 posted...
AC is based around Western principles, values, ethics, etc. I just don't see it meshing to well in Eastern regions.

Well Assassins and Templars have been worldwide for thousands of years. It is not that the games are based on Western principles, but rather that we have only played games taking place in the relative west, meaning it's all we know from AC so far.

To be an accurate game in Asia, Ubisoft would have to implement a lot of Eastern principles and ethics, and these are unfamiliar to most people in the West, and would probably throw these people off. I think THAT is why Ubisoft is avoiding that setting... for now.
---
Vaxis Live
#8SkarynPosted 3/8/2012 9:54:28 AM
No, goddammit, no.
---
{)xxx[]::::::::::::::::::::::::> 11.11.11 <::::::::::::::::::::::::))xxx()
#9plincoln21Posted 3/8/2012 10:00:02 AM
oh here it goes, here it goes, here it goes again
oh here it goes again
---
Talk to me Goose!
#10nuffsaid07Posted 3/8/2012 10:01:52 AM
Original topic.
---
Christopher Nolan doesn't have a born filmmakers natural gift for detail, composition and movement, he's definitely a born con artist.
More topics from this board...
Nine men's morris problemNairel217/21 5:23AM