Why did the modern assassins need an apple? *minor spoilers*

#1stevejohnnyPosted 4/15/2012 8:08:47 PM

I'm really confused on why they need one.But then again i haven't played the lost archives. I don't care about spoilers but can anyone tell me?

#2bobbyrkPosted 4/15/2012 8:31:26 PM
They need it for the Temple, apparently.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#3azulmono55Posted 4/15/2012 9:04:24 PM
There's also the fact that them having stops the Templars from having it, surely. If the Assassins have it, then no satellite fun time for the Templars.
---
BF3 Platoon for Skid Loader lovers - The Skid Loader Club:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241192792365/
#4RoanarkPosted 4/16/2012 12:10:14 PM

Mostly so the Templars won't have them.

On top of it being a powerful weapon that could help them single-handedly win any scrap they come across along their journey.

#5stevejohnny(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2012 1:26:03 PM

but azulmono there are still four more apples left and don't the templars have a map of all the POE?

#6JManGTPosted 4/16/2012 3:41:04 PM
The apple, more or less is the "sixth sense" (knowledge, not eagle vision) manifested in a physical tangible object. Altair used it to create the hidden gun and altair's armor, technology way past his timeline.
Historical figures such as G Washington, Nikola Tesla, Henry Ford, Thomas Eddison, and even hitler have possessed one at one point or another to accomplish huge feats. It's not only power to control minds it's knowledge, of everything. It can be used to control people it can also be a tool to build and advance existing or introduce new technologies.

The modern assassins need it to locate and activate the grand temple in hopes to stop earth's destruction. The Templars want to launch an apple into space in order to control society under one hive like mind ending all warfare and conflicts and questioning of life.
---
PSN: JManGT
GT: James Upton
#7azulmono55Posted 4/17/2012 5:41:25 AM
stevejohnny posted...
but azulmono there are still four more apples left and don't the templars have a map of all the POE?

Yup, but that's many more stories for many more games, something which I'm sure Ubisoft are aware of. The Templars which you face in AC1, 2 and 3 are going after this particular one so the Assassins having it puts them at a serious disadvantage.
---
BF3 Platoon for Skid Loader lovers - The Skid Loader Club:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241192792365/