Assassins Creed III vs. Dishonored

#11logicalrabbit92Posted 10/29/2012 8:03:13 AM
Tec187 posted...
logicalrabbit92 posted...
Dishonored is gourmet gaming.

AC3 is a hamburger from McDonalds. I'd say the quarter pounder.

In all seriousness, AC3 is NOT the better game, it IS the better assassin game though. AC focuses on assassins. Dishonored has a much deeper focus.

Also, what do you expect to see from putting this on the AC board LOL. You honestly think anyone here is gonna vote for DIshonored?

Why wouldn't they?
I change board as games release.
Doesn't mean the next is better than the last.

nope buddy. The majority of people looking at this board dont even know what dishonored is and 99.99999% of them haven't played it.

This board is pretty much the AC fanboy board.

Asking what is the better assassin game...very few here would ever vote for dishonored.

Put this on the xbox general board and you will see Dishonored winning more than likely.
#12Tec187Posted 10/29/2012 8:03:32 AM
Considering that Dishonored, a new IP with a relatively small budget, can outshine and more than compete with AC3, Ubisoft's biggest game ever......quite an accomplishment.

enough said.

Cause it's "new and shiny" imho.
Dishonored WAS a great game indeed.
But the fact that we already talk about it in past tense really does say it all....
Too short.

Enough said :P
---
ULCE #: 12.834
#13DarkAcolyte755Posted 10/29/2012 8:04:46 AM
A huge thing Dishonored has over it is how varied the gameplay is but with very simple controls, that makes it more streamlined and fun. Combat is also done very well with a simple system. In AC3 it feels like you have combos everywhere and a huge range of controls and even the combat looks kinda iffy with the screen zooming out, enemies attacking you one by one, etc.
---
Florida GATORS
OAKLAND Raiders
#14DarkAcolyte755Posted 10/29/2012 8:08:08 AM
Tec187 posted...
Considering that Dishonored, a new IP with a relatively small budget, can outshine and more than compete with AC3, Ubisoft's biggest game ever......quite an accomplishment.

enough said.

But the fact that we already talk about it in past tense really does say it all....
Too short.

It's short if you play with objective markers on and run to kill your target, I've seen people do in 7 minutes of gameplay things that would take me an hour to methodically uncover. Great replay value as well.

Also the game isn't screwing you with DLC before its' even out, a new mode and challenge maps are the first DLC for Dishonored, something that wasn't in the game and a new feature. As opposed to AC3 having content already being exclusive and set aside for future DLC.
---
Florida GATORS
OAKLAND Raiders
#15Tec187Posted 10/29/2012 8:10:01 AM
DarkAcolyte755 posted...
Tec187 posted...

enough said.

Too short.

It's short if you play with objective markers on and run to kill your target, I've seen people do in 7 minutes of gameplay things that would take me an hour to methodically uncover. Great replay value as well.

Also the game isn't screwing you with DLC before its' even out, a new mode and challenge maps are the first DLC for Dishonored, something that wasn't in the game and a new feature. As opposed to AC3 having content already being exclusive and set aside for future DLC.

Not gonna argue on the DLC part, nor really the other point, but even if you take all the time in the world, Dishonored still only gives a fraction of the playtime AC3 gives.

I didn't wanna get in a vs war here though. Both good games, but imho AC3 is far better, and that's just my opinion, so I'll leave it at that.
---
ULCE #: 12.834
#16DarkAcolyte755Posted 10/29/2012 8:12:07 AM
We will see, I haven't gotten AC3 yet. Although a game being short isn't automatically a bad thing, short games like DH can be memorable experiences and long games can drag on and become repetitive and boring.
---
Florida GATORS
OAKLAND Raiders
#17Raven_ShikumiPosted 10/29/2012 8:14:58 AM
DIshonored is not free roam though, it's level based and as such it can afford to always be on "high alert".

If any game in the AC series tried that it would instantly fail, there is no fun to a vast open world if everything is constantly chasing you around, you lose out all the joy of exploration in that scenario.

There are points at which you do enter "high alert" areas in AC games, that's probably the more accurate comparison. Highly scripted set pieces for the most part.

And that is what Dishonored was, a series of scripted set pieces.

Anyway I haven't even played AC 3 and I know it's the better game simply by what I've seen versus what I've played. It'll also last far longer than the 8ish hours Dishonored was.

I'm honestly at a loss as to what Dishonored had going for it. It had promise with the art style, but the graphics were crap and the lazy low rez texturing just dragged what could have been a really crisp unique looking art style down into the gutter. The combat was mediocre and you were quite frankly punished if you tried playing that way, so it was largely stealth or die/savescumming.

Could have been a promising new IP, but due to cut corners and next to no polish whatsoever, totally forgettable.
---
Mowowowow.
#18KaneOfShadowsPosted 10/29/2012 8:20:50 AM
Dishonored is gourmet gaming.

AC3 is a hamburger from McDonalds. I'd say the quarter pounder.

In all seriousness, AC3 is NOT the better game, it IS the better assassin game though. AC focuses on assassins. Dishonored has a much deeper focus.

Also, what do you expect to see from putting this on the AC board LOL. You honestly think anyone here is gonna vote for DIshonored?

I knew he was a Dishonored fanboy. It explains everything.
#19areeb319Posted 10/29/2012 8:54:31 AM
AC3 isn't even out yet

Make this poll in a week
---
Dishonored= 9/10
PSN-{MLP}Addi97319
More topics from this board...
High profile on default?Jazzo210229/22 9:59PM