Can't Crouch !?!?!

#1ZechsPeacecraftPosted 10/31/2012 6:49:03 AM
Maybe I'm a complete idiot (very likely), but can one of the greatest assassins in history really not crouch? I've been discovered numerous times because I was crouching in tall grass, but I move a little out of the grass and stand like an idiot. Is it just me? Or did the developers somehow not see that crouching is essential in every stealth game ever?

P.S., after that post, "Crouching" sounds really weird to me
---
"It's the stronger that make the weaker"- Milliardo Peacecraft
#2Wolf_J_FlywheelPosted 10/31/2012 7:23:28 AM
i used to crouch in the old games by hold the freerun/high profile button and jump at the same time. havent started this game yet bc i know once i do i will loose several hours of my life.
---
"I awaken. I consume oxygen, then bacon, eggs and black coffee, then my wife, then bacon." - Nick Offerman
http://i.minus.com/iRiu3PRI5vKfS.gif
#3VaharPosted 10/31/2012 7:26:52 AM
I think he means that, when in grass, connor crouches since its a new hiding place, but once hes partially out of the grass he stands back up...wich i dont see as a problem? Idk i wont b able to play it till late tonight or tomorrow
#4me1324Posted 10/31/2012 7:30:35 AM
soo many gameplay problems in this game
#5Rasko501Posted 10/31/2012 7:47:30 AM
I haven't played this game yet but you couldn't crouch in any other AC game so it wouldn't surprise me.

It always bothered me, too. You should be able to move in a crouch and lean against walls (can you do that now?). It would have been cool with investigations and particularly during side quests that involved infiltrating restricted areas.
---
GT - AcquittedArtist
#6Craz-E-tooNPosted 10/31/2012 7:51:45 AM
Is this your first AC game?
---
PSN - CrazEtooN / XBL - CrazEtooN / Wii - Some long string of numbers that I don't know...
#7ZechsPeacecraft(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2012 9:05:23 AM
Craz-E-tooN posted...
Is this your first AC game?

I have actually played all of the Assassin's Creed games, it's just this particular game seems to be influenced by Arkham City, or maybe it's just me comparing it to Arkahm City, but after that game it just seems like such a no-brainer for the most modern adaptation. I mean how hard would it be to add a crouching ability? and can you imagine how much smoother this game would be, just seems like a really obvious fix that should have been done by now.

As far as rasko, you can lean against walls in which your peering around corners, but other than that I'm not sure (have only played for about four hours now)

Hopefully they add it in a patch as there are a lot of buttons that go unused.
---
"It's the stronger that make the weaker"- Milliardo Peacecraft
#8jyml8582Posted 10/31/2012 9:09:07 AM
I don't recall crouching ever being a feature in AC franchise.

But yeah, lots of gameplay issues in AC3... Small bugs, though. Easily overlooked as long as they don't all happen together at the same time...
---
My foot in your ashes.
#9LockonPosted 10/31/2012 9:09:08 AM
Rasko501 posted...
I haven't played this game yet but you couldn't crouch in any other AC game so it wouldn't surprise me.

It always bothered me, too. You should be able to move in a crouch and lean against walls (can you do that now?). It would have been cool with investigations and particularly during side quests that involved infiltrating restricted areas.

You can lean against walls now and even whistle to lure a enemy in for a stealth kill. Its pretty sweet.
---
R3D.