Ok, Friggen Sam Adams won't show me where the tunnels are. Glitch?

#1DBZpunk21Posted 10/31/2012 11:13:48 AM
Am I missing something? He says to follow him and learn of the Mason's tunnels to get to the printer then he just stands there and nothing happens. What do I do?
---
...and I'm goin right out the door.
#2SmoothieKing33Posted 10/31/2012 11:15:51 AM
Glitch-like. He follows you. Go to the green marker (cellar double-door)
#3langystarPosted 10/31/2012 11:24:12 AM
You have to go to the green maker yourself by ground
#4MateoRingheadPosted 10/31/2012 2:45:30 PM
I am having the same issue, but there is no green marker. All there is is a yellow marker for my destination, a blue marker for Adams and an icon for vigilantes near by. Where is it in relation to the "checkpoint" of baddies?
#5IceBawlsPosted 10/31/2012 2:52:35 PM
Does he give you beer?
---
i7 950 3.8Ghz | 18GB RAM | GTX 570 | Samsung 830 128Gb
#6Merc123Posted 10/31/2012 2:53:27 PM
Its really misleading. The tunnels are actually the yellow marker you are supposed to go to, but you lead him there. I was really confused at first too when he said follow him.
---
http://www.facebook.com/MEmarauder - Marauder Shields Facebook page.
#7MateoRingheadPosted 10/31/2012 2:58:35 PM
But the yellow marker is behind the guards he tells me to use the tunnels to get passed.
#8MateoRingheadPosted 10/31/2012 3:28:18 PM
Ok, I did it. I went to the yellow marker, which was in a courtyard with several guarded entrances, and since I had Sam with me I had to kill one of the pairs of guards to enter. After we made our way through and got to the print shop, I had to kill two guys in front of the shop who would otherwise attack when I even got close.

After the shop he has me "follow" him again, and this time he actually moves for a bit, but suddenly he stops and does nothing. My objective is to follow, so I reset from the most recent checkpoint in hopes that he will move farther. Not only does he take up the same "follows you but says to follow him" strategy that he took in the beginning of this mess, but now it respawns the two guards in front of the shop and starts me off literally right between them, making it IMPOSSIBLE for me to MOVE at the start of this without them attacking. Cool.

So what now?
#9flakmunkeyPosted 10/31/2012 3:33:50 PM
MateoRinghead posted...
Ok, I did it. I went to the yellow marker, which was in a courtyard with several guarded entrances, and since I had Sam with me I had to kill one of the pairs of guards to enter. After we made our way through and got to the print shop, I had to kill two guys in front of the shop who would otherwise attack when I even got close.

After the shop he has me "follow" him again, and this time he actually moves for a bit, but suddenly he stops and does nothing. My objective is to follow, so I reset from the most recent checkpoint in hopes that he will move farther. Not only does he take up the same "follows you but says to follow him" strategy that he took in the beginning of this mess, but now it respawns the two guards in front of the shop and starts me off literally right between them, making it IMPOSSIBLE for me to MOVE at the start of this without them attacking. Cool.

So what now?

So what I did at this point was I was actually on the roof directly above those guards (I guess you could call it the print shop awning) and from there I was able to interact with the door without alerting the guards, its weird, but it works. I also did that mission once before but I just got up close enough where I could interact without crossing the guards path. Again, it looks/feels wonky, but works
#10MateoRingheadPosted 10/31/2012 3:37:14 PM
Oh, ok, I got this one. Since it forced me into a battle, I killed a dozen or so men in front of the print shop (putting guards on level 2 threat watch and completely defeating the point of going to the shop in the first place). Then Sam started moving, and this time, when we got to where he stopped last time, it triggered an ending sequence. Hooray.

Glad I could get that sorted out (kinda), but I somehow doubt that this is the intended way you're supposed to play the game. A little ironic that Connor and Sam have a conversation about the morality of lying and bribing directly after they violently murder at least 10 people in public.