Eden Shard

#1MizarFZPosted 10/31/2012 12:54:50 PM
I already got all trinkets and finished the pirate missions, I see the new outfit buy is that all? Does the Shard of Eden serves any purpose? Because I cannot find it in the trophy collection.
#2SirGizmoPosted 10/31/2012 1:40:04 PM
Did you listen to Shaun when he explained what it does, RIGHT after the mission? It stops incoming bullets.
---
"You miss 100% of the shots you dont take. -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott.
#3MizarFZ(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2012 1:49:10 PM
Never noticed since I dont get shot much. And the game had some bugs so I'm not sure if the notifications I get are correct.
#4BurningGPosted 11/1/2012 6:10:13 PM
First thing I get the shard of eden I go off and fight a guard and wait for them to shoot me.
But the bullet still hits me, is there somewhere i need to equip it for it to work?
#5ccttttPosted 11/2/2012 10:55:50 PM
It only decreases the chance of being hit. When the shard deflects a bullet a yellow animation occurs.
#6MattR86Posted 11/3/2012 12:09:12 AM
Ever since I got that shard the game feels the need to tell me that I acquired it whenever I enter a new area. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. It's become very annoying.
#7iHoldWithFirePosted 11/3/2012 12:11:07 AM
MattR86 posted...
Ever since I got that shard the game feels the need to tell me that I acquired it whenever I enter a new area. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. It's become very annoying.
#8Cold_DreamerzPosted 11/4/2012 9:20:09 PM
Most pointless item ever. I get shot at a lot and never get hit. I swear it's like they were taught by storm troopers or something.
---
I will argue with you to the death....even if I know I'm totally 100% wrong
#9MoonTaLooPosted 11/4/2012 9:23:26 PM
MattR86 posted...

Don't you see?? Every time you fast travel or load, the game gifts you with another shard!! You've got to assemble all the shards to create a whole!! You'll just have to figure out how to make them fit together. I haven't figured it out yet.
#10Zero BeatPosted 11/8/2012 2:49:47 PM
A little historical anecdote for you: George Washington was never shot once during the Revolution. Closest that happened was a bullet hitting him in the chest, but since it was outside of its effective range, it harmlessly bounced off. Might've left a stain on his clothes from gunpowder residue, but that's it.

And now we have a Shard of Eden with bullet deflecting properties. My guess is that Connor will give it to him as the game's way of explaining it. Or I'm just being a history nerd all of a sudden.
---
Video games don't make people more violent, and I'll kill anyone who disagrees. c§xxxxx{##################################>