Doing only the main quests, how long, estimatedly, does it take to beat the game

#1sakurayulePosted 10/31/2012 3:25:10 PM
^Topic.
---
\_(ツ)_/
#2sakurayule(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2012 3:59:05 PM
bump
---
\_(ツ)_/
#3Perfect LightPosted 10/31/2012 4:00:11 PM
I'm on sequence 6 doing only a few side quests and I've been playing for 7 hours. There's still a ton of stuff on my map I haven't done.
---
youtube.com/sciencebytes...learn something new
My novel - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0095KJ6YC
#4SirGizmoPosted 10/31/2012 4:01:22 PM
If only doing missions, right around 10 hours.

But there is a crap ton of side content.
---
"You miss 100% of the shots you dont take. -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott.
#5squarex8264Posted 10/31/2012 4:01:51 PM
I got through Sequences 1-4 over the past two nights not doing too much exploring at all, and had a gametime of about 5 and a half hours.

So I would guess 10-12 hours for a first run through the story? My time may also be higher since I was going for full sync, so less if you don't care about that most likely.
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
#6The_DjokerPosted 10/31/2012 4:05:49 PM
It's really hard to only do main story unless 1) you have zero interest in this game and aren't enjoying it or 2) rushing it for the sake of trying to get to the ending. You will always spend a lot of time in these games. it's the way the game is designed. Sometimes doing side missions complements the main story. If your'e only doing mainline story the games pacing can feel a bit off.

If you don't know what I mean basically i'm saying that sometimes you naturally do some sidequests because you might want to take a break from the story. It's similar to GTA to a lesser extent.....I mean you can try to do the mainline missions only but there are too many distractions and you'll want to do other stuff to get the best out of the game.
---
http://s16.postimage.org/n9cmvufj7/Kagawa_djoker.png
#7Darth_SadisPosted 10/31/2012 5:58:35 PM
I've been playing literally for like 15 hours and am not that far into the story. It'd be pretty hard just to just do the main missions. The game has an expansive amount of content which, I think, a lot of people will miss out on. Which is unfortunate because some of it is epic. Have an explore around the Vault as Des and you'll get a hint of what I mean.
More topics from this board...
Nine men's morris problemNairel227/22 12:34PM