The Man-Eater

#1godFORBIDjellyPosted 10/31/2012 10:36:58 PM
Anyone done this quest yet? Guy told me to track the bears footsteps and I've been searching for nearly an hour and a half around the entire campsite in and out of Eagle Vision and have yet to see a single footsteps.
---
gmrtag~ A Red Werewolf
#2godFORBIDjelly(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2012 10:40:19 PM
Bump
---
gmrtag~ A Red Werewolf
#3Al_MadjusPosted 11/1/2012 6:21:36 AM
yes, and no....

I found the tracks near the river, there's a few more places (blood stains mainly) that show up during tracking, one is a small camp sort of up on a hill.

I'm having issues and been trying to find the fix for it. I can track the bear to a cave near a waterfall, and it tells me to find a way to lure him out.... I can't do anything that works a that point. tried being a dead guy, a knocked out guy, tossing bait, just plain hiding and nothing will work. guessing it's glitched or else I'm missing something completely.
#4speedbumpXPosted 11/1/2012 6:45:00 AM
You need to pick up the first corpse encountered on way down into the cave. Carry it down and put it in the center of the cave a little deeper. Dropping it on pile of bloody bones. Can't recall if you then have to hide in leaves nearby or not.
#5Al_MadjusPosted 11/1/2012 9:02:45 AM
I kinda thought that, and did try it but nothing happened. I might try it again and mess with the placement of the guy some. on another note, there seems to be an insane amount of bears that spawn there, not sure if its normal or not. (like 20-25 in maybe 10 minutes of tinkering with the quest) not complaining though, good money for my convoys
#6Sw1tchBladePosted 11/1/2012 9:09:39 AM
After you accept the mission a hunting society icon (its a bear footprint or something) should show up on the north side of the map. When you get to the marker you should see a clue on the ground somewhere, and then you enter the nearby cave and lure out the bear using the first corpse you encounter by dropping it a bit further into the cave. The bear should then come out and you can kill it.
---
GT: DollaBill310
#7dalestarsPosted 11/1/2012 6:28:35 PM
hi guys, rite the way to do this is. 1st check first blood splatter, 2nd go up to the camp check blood splatter, then next on the rock. rite the green mission cirlcle will vanish. (dont know why), dont take any notice. go over the river to front of cave . (litteratly across from camp) use trees if you want, (you dont take body from camp!!!). if you do it this way the body you use is inside the cave, just around the corner not the soldier, drop the body hide in foilage get a good drop on bear that way, hope this helps cause this done my head in.
#8Blade2173Posted 11/1/2012 6:43:31 PM
After I got the mission I didn't get any new markers showing up on my map, so I have no idea where to begin. Pointers?
---
"Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water."-- WC Fields
#9batmanfan69Posted 11/2/2012 9:20:01 AM
Where am I to drop the soldier? He's already inside the cave, near thebones, and even if I move him, no bear appears. Help?
#10mr_umaroPosted 11/2/2012 9:54:48 AM
there are two dead soldiers in the cave, one near a haybale and one near the entrance. get rid of the one near the haybale, and bring the one closer to the entrance into the cave. for some reason taht attracts the bear. no idea why.
More topics from this board...
Nine men's morris problemNairel227/22 12:34PM