Anyone else thinking it isnt as good as they hoped? (possible spoiler)

#1TR0Y_v1Posted 11/1/2012 8:31:54 AM
I really like the whole series in general and with each new addition to the series I felt it just got better and better but this one seems to o gone backwards for me....

I'm not liking the new control layout, it makes everything seem like it's on auto-pilot or something. I used to like being able to jump and grab on things manually to make those difficult jumps/drops but now it just feels like one big cinematic scene.

And then they bring back the traveling system from AC1, are you not supposed to move forward with new additions to that are made to be "better"!?

And one of the biggest things that I'm really having trouble liking is the combat controls, I used to love the fighting is these games but now I get whooped frequenlty (it shouldnt be happening, I know -_-)

Last thing... I wanna be able to evade/dogde again with having to press (Y) then start mashing the (X) button. I reall don't think that should of been introduced to the series, it just isn't that kind of game in my opinion.

These are just a few snags I personally don't like about the game. However im not even on Disc 2 yet so I may adapt to it all in the end.

Anyone agree/disagree with some of it? Or just add something if your own!?
#2TR0Y_v1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2012 8:55:59 AM
Or at least add the option to go back to previous control configurations in the options menu. Just give me that and I will be happy(ier)
#3bloodgod92Posted 11/1/2012 8:58:08 AM
I thought disc 2 was only multiplayer content...
---
GT: Aldora92 V My most successful thread V
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/950899-final-fantasy-xiii/53936178
#4TR0Y_v1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2012 9:00:42 AM
bloodgod92 posted...

I wouldn't know, I have only just got to the par where I get my Assisin robes
#5cheezedadadaPosted 11/1/2012 9:01:46 AM
bloodgod92 posted...

Yeah its only MP
---
"And the companies get those blank dvds for pennies, burn to them, then sell them for $60. That's ok?"
-TheGlow
#6bluehat94Posted 11/1/2012 9:13:18 AM
I disagree, I love the new control layout, once I got used to it, it felt tons more fluid than the past games, and I think the traversal is the best it's been.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#7Left4JokerPosted 11/1/2012 9:29:01 AM
"I really like the whole series in general and with each new addition to the series I felt it just got better and better but this one seems to o gone backwards for me....

I'm not liking the new control layout, it makes everything seem like it's on auto-pilot or something. I used to like being able to jump and grab on things manually to make those difficult jumps/drops but now it just feels like one big cinematic scene. "

This /\
However I must admit that they made somethings better, your helath fills with time, just like in AC 1 \o/. That was my only complain for AC 2 series. But you're ritgh, everything looks in auto-pilot, there's no feeling of acomplish for climbing on "the highest place in town" like in the other games.
#8bluehat94Posted 11/1/2012 9:33:50 AM
Left4Joker posted...
"I really like the whole series in general and with each new addition to the series I felt it just got better and better but this one seems to o gone backwards for me....

I'm not liking the new control layout, it makes everything seem like it's on auto-pilot or something. I used to like being able to jump and grab on things manually to make those difficult jumps/drops but now it just feels like one big cinematic scene. "

This /\
However I must admit that they made somethings better, your helath fills with time, just like in AC 1 \o/. That was my only complain for AC 2 series. But you're ritgh, everything looks in auto-pilot, there's no feeling of acomplish for climbing on "the highest place in town" like in the other games.

It's exactly the same though, you just don't have to hold down A anymore.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#9JenniferTatePosted 11/1/2012 10:06:51 AM
Feels the same to me. Only difference is B isn't your hand for grabs, you tap forward on the stick.
---
I'm the book that beat the speed reader, and I'm the card the dealers won't touch
#10billnye69Posted 11/1/2012 10:19:21 AM
I had no idea what to expect because I stayed away from anything being released about the game. I love the AC series and I deliberately made myself ignorant going into this game and so far everything has been like....."What, I can do that....awesome" or "no way that's so cool"

So I'm having a great time discovering everything about the game while most people went into it know everything already.

No Surprise = Boring

Lots of Surprise = Lots of Fun
---
Game Series that tons of people liked but I thought were terrible. - Half-Life, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Dragon Age, Skyrim.
More topics from this board...
Nine men's morris problemNairel227/22 12:34PM