I totally didn't get the ending (SPOILERS obviously)

#1geneparkPosted 11/1/2012 12:46:33 PM
So I read somewhere that the ending would make sense if you had been paying attention to the emails and other tidbits throughout the series.

Unfortunately the entire series' story has been kind of a convoluted mess (ya think?), so not a lot of it registered well into my brain..

I felt like the conversation between Juno and Minerva went completely over my head, as if they were talking about something related to an offshoot of the series (like the handheld games, or some novel).

What exactly was going on? When was it established that Minerva was some kind of "Big Bad" evil to be unleashed upon the world like some kind of anonymous mystical Final Fantasy villain?

Didn't they have at least some time to think about the decision before Desmond just went and touched the orb?

Why does this story seem more incomprehensible as it goes along?

Loved the game. Slow start, but I've forgotten and somewhat forgiven it after the later-character payoffs. Hate that we can't put the hood back on again. But I'll be playing this game for a long time doing all those blasted bonus objectives for each main mission (for Altair's outfit).
#2SirGizmoPosted 11/1/2012 12:48:46 PM
It was Juno, not Minerva, who was the big bad evil. I never saw any hint of this through emails or anything in previous games, it just happened on the spot. Out of nowhere Minerva appears, Juno is super duper evil. Why she didn't mention it earlier, who knows.

The ending was a mess.
---
"You miss 100% of the shots you dont take. -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott.
#3FredCat07Posted 11/1/2012 12:50:24 PM
SirGizmo posted...
It was Juno, not Minerva, who was the big bad evil. I never saw any hint of this through emails or anything in previous games, it just happened on the spot. Out of nowhere Minerva appears, Juno is super duper evil. Why she didn't mention it earlier, who knows.

The ending was a mess.

Funny, I found Juno ally while Minerva been evil, accord to the latter's comment during Credit Rolling.
---
I used to be hearing person like you, until I took the fever in my ears. ~FredCat
#4SearchmanV16Posted 11/1/2012 12:50:51 PM
Agreed. This ending kinda stinks. Desmond was the only primary character that made any sense. Now, AC4 will have some random person who has no significance until later in the story. I can see Desmond's dad replacing him, but that would be very stupid. After Brotherhood, the endings became lackluster.
---
Lets go Heat.
#5SirGizmoPosted 11/1/2012 12:52:22 PM
FredCat07 posted...
SirGizmo posted...

The ending was a mess.

Funny, I found Juno ally while Minerva been evil, accord to the latter's comment during Credit Rolling.

Juno was the person guiding you the entire game, she was the one who told Desmond to touch the orb. Minerva was the one who gave Desmond the choice of starting over and creating a new world.

Or am I backwards?
---
"You miss 100% of the shots you dont take. -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott.
#6genepark(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2012 12:53:23 PM
Oops thanks yeah I got them mixed up.

Plus, I don't get how Juno and Minerva are just having a conversation out of nowhere. They could just project themselves around Desmond, willy nilly? I thought Minerva was stuck in Rome, and Juno was at the coliseum.

The whole scene, I was thinking it was like in one of those cartoons, with an angel sitting on one shoulder, and the devil on the other.

I know. They're supposed to be gods so I'm not supposed to understand what the hell they're talking about. But that's a cop out excuse for not having good storytelling.

I sincerely hope that Desmond's largely uninteresting life extinguished, and they just give us a damn Assassin's Creed ninja game.
#7genepark(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2012 1:02:49 PM
SearchmanV16 posted...
Agreed. This ending kinda stinks. Desmond was the only primary character that made any sense. Now, AC4 will have some random person who has no significance until later in the story. I can see Desmond's dad replacing him, but that would be very stupid. After Brotherhood, the endings became lackluster.

I dare say Mass Effect 3's original ending was even more satisfying than this. The disappointment may have been greater, but that's because Mass Effect has had traditionally good storytelling.

I didn't expect my mind to be blown for Assassin's Creed 3. But jeez, at least make the endings equal or at least close to those in part 1 and 2. This was a crap ending that introduced more concepts and questions than it answered (yes I know. sounds like the other games too lol).
More topics from this board...
Nine men's morris problemNairel227/22 12:34PM