How do I solve the Magic Lantern Puzzle?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed III
  3. How do I solve the Magic Lantern Puzzle?
3 years ago#1
**This puzzle is located in the Mason's Underground Tunnels in Boston** I don't understand the hidden meaning in the given hint document. How am I supposed to arrange the icons in order to open this door. **Above the door there is a sign that says South Commons.**
3 years ago#2
Which one exactly? Like the symbols. worst case scenario, you can just mix and match till you get it right.
---
Gamertag: DirectControlz
Twinkle, Twinkle little bat, Watch me kill your favorite cat. - Joker (Arkham City)
3 years ago#3
II. Of the civil magistrate supreme and subordinate.

I tried mixing and matching them for like 30 mins. Do I put them in order? Top, Right, Down, Left? Do I stack them? I really don't get this puzzle? I hope it's not an easy answer either.
3 years ago#4
Hmm, can't quite remember the exact one, I'd need the symbols, but the Mason symbol is the Triangular one if I'm correct. Can you describe the symbols? If it's the one with the gender symbols, that one is pretty easy if you just read the text.
---
Gamertag: DirectControlz
Twinkle, Twinkle little bat, Watch me kill your favorite cat. - Joker (Arkham City)
3 years ago#5
Read the hint document. Ignore anything that isn't in all caps. Each capitalized section will give you a fairly obvious hint about where one of the symbols goes. I don't recall that specific puzzle, but expect for something like "THE CROWN REIGNS SUPREME" to mean "put the crown in the top slot."

Other helpful bits to know would include which side is "sunrise" (the right) and "sunset" (the left), and similar minor things.

If you're still hosed, post the symbol list and the capitalized hints.
3 years ago#6
Crown on top
Wheat on the left
Man on the right
Mason symbol on the bottom
---
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg
3 years ago#7
Now it makes sense. Thank you!
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed III
  3. How do I solve the Magic Lantern Puzzle?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived