Lock Picking Made Easy

#1RulksterHarPosted 11/2/2012 7:32:21 AM
I tried this on about 10 chest locks so far and every time it has worked.

Do not rotate R or L. First flick R to either North, East, West, or South position and hold. One of those directions should catch the lock. Then do the exact same thing with L.

Try it out and confirm if it is working. Don't rotate. If you flick and hold up (north position) and nothing catches, release the stick and flick and hold to another direction.
#2RulksterHar(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 10:34:30 AM
Okay, tried it another 10 or so times and it works every time. I guess I confirmed it myself. So much easier now.
#3AviaraBluePosted 11/2/2012 10:36:32 AM
I never really had a problem with lockpicking, You don't have to mash the trigger fast after you get the sweet spots locked in. If your sticks are in positions that could mess up if you mover your finger too fast just go slow.
---
GT - BlueAviara.
DD Pawn - Chaos (Fighter/Warrior).
#4capper64Posted 11/2/2012 10:36:58 AM
Lock picking is easy anyway, I don't understand why people are having problems with it
#5GateCaptainPosted 11/2/2012 10:41:28 AM
Just wish they would add it into the patch, When you find the sweet spots for L and R it would lock in place. Kinda annoying having to hold them at odd angles and then mash RT button like a madman.

Love Morrowind and Oblivion and Skyrims lockpicking. I got so good i would go hours without breaking a pick (without perks ;) )
#6cheezedadadaPosted 11/2/2012 10:43:16 AM
Its not that the lock picking is hard, its just not that good. You shouldnt have to mash the joysticks up the entire time you are hitting RT. Some people have old crappy controllers and if they move even a little bit it resets.
---
"And the companies get those blank dvds for pennies, burn to them, then sell them for $60. That's ok?"
-TheGlow
#7cubegod69erPosted 11/2/2012 10:54:51 AM
Boggles my mind that people have trouble with this *forehead slap*
#8ZodasRevengePosted 11/2/2012 10:56:34 AM
capper64 posted...
Lock picking is easy anyway, I don't understand why people are having problems with it

because for some people it's glitched to hell. incidentally, this method won't work if you have the glitch because the glitch causes the locks to never catch no matter what, so you have to cancel out of lockpicking mode and try again.
#9cheezedadadaPosted 11/2/2012 10:59:18 AM(edited)
cubegod69er posted...
Boggles my mind that people have trouble with this *forehead slap*

I dont think anyone is though...its not hard at all. This thread is more of an idea to make it less annoying.

Dont be confused people, this lock picking minigame is a joke.....its not hard in the least, but it could be done better. Its not a big deal to me at all, but this is a thread about it so might as well chat about it.
---
"And the companies get those blank dvds for pennies, burn to them, then sell them for $60. That's ok?"
-TheGlow
#10cheezedadadaPosted 11/2/2012 10:58:50 AM
ZodasRevenge posted...
capper64 posted...

because for some people it's glitched to hell. incidentally, this method won't work if you have the glitch because the glitch causes the locks to never catch no matter what, so you have to cancel out of lockpicking mode and try again.

Yes and that too...one glitch is it never picks up or vibrates and another one is that it randomly resets one and the graphic for the sliding lock shoots out and then seems to clip through the box. People are thinking that the people in these threads are mindless retards who cant do anything right, but this minigame is so simple a dog could do it....but thats not our point.
---
-TheGlow